TNScottsdale

Michelin Advantage Program

I just utilized this program a few days ago. The Michelin dealer that I got my tires from said he had received a letter indicating that this program is expiring on 10/31/2011 but I don't see this reflected on the web page. I don't know specifically if the letter was from FMCA or Michelin. I assumed Michelin.

http://www.fmca.com/...onnections/3455

If you are wanting to use this FMCA benefit, then you might need to act fast.

Ben

Hi. I am new to this form but not new to RVing. I am interested in knowing whether the "Net Invoice Price" posted on FMCA Michelin Advantage Program page is the same as a "drive out price." I can't find the answer to this question or the expiration question posted here. Maybe someone will enlighten us. Thanks. Jim

Jim,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

The price does not include (as it changes by state) sales tax. It also does not include (as it changes by dealer) cost of mounting, balancing and disposal of old tires.

As the price sheet reflects, it is the cost of the tire itself and FET.

Brett

As Brett posted, my price for the tires was what was posted on this web site, then you add in the mounting, balancing, new valve stems, and tax cost that is not discounted.

Brett, are you aware of the 10/31 end date for this program?

Ben

Brett, are you aware of the 10/31 end date for this program?

Ben

Ben,

Sorry, no idea. I forwarded that post to FMCA Staff, but they are closed for the night.

Brett,

I'm wondering if this is the same program (and same discount) as the one the Monaco International chapter has? On a $3,000 purchase a 1% saving would cover the dues, but I really don't need a 3rd chapter.

Thanks

Jim Dyer

... are you aware of the 10/31 end date for this program?

Michelin North America reserves the right to discontinue, modify, and/or supplement all of the policies, terms, prices, credits, discounts and/or commissions of the MICHELIN Advantage Program at any time without prior notice.

HOWEVER, there is no expiration date at this time. Michelin continues to work with FMCA to make this program available for FMCA members.

I'm wondering if this is the same program (and same discount) as the one the Monaco International chapter has? On a $3,000 purchase a 1% saving would cover the dues, but I really don't need a 3rd chapter.

The FMCA Michelin Advantage program is an FMCA member benefit and is not related to the Monaco chapter's tire purchase program.

I have been working with a local dealer. He said he will support the FMCA Advantage program but he cannot tell me what the discounted price is. I need eight 295 80R 22.5 Load Range H tires. He said that list price was $855 each. How can I find the FMCA discount price?

Thanks, Tom

We have been trying for weeks to find out the price of the Michelin XZE2+ 295/80R22.5.

This price is not available on the price sheet nor from the dealer. This tire is the best

Michelin tire recommended by the dealer for our coach. We have searched all the

forums, contacted Michelin and the dealer, and tried 3 e-mails. Can you help

us please. We are looking at buying 6 of these tires in less than 2 weeks. Thanks!!

spooky,

Here is the response I got when I forwarded your post to the FMCA Staff:

"Michelin simply does not show all the prices for the FMCA program. I think he would have to follow the program instructions -- call the dealer, give them his FMCA membership info and get an estimate."

Is the Michelin Advantage Program still in effect? The link information says it expires Oct 11, Is there a new plan with new pricing?

http://www.fmca.com/...elin-prices.pdf

The flier actually states that the effective date is Oct 1, 2011. This is not the same as the expiration date. FMCA and Michelin have not set an expiration date.

I just priced 295 80R 22.5 tires (XZA2 Energy) through this program this morning. The current price is about $40 higher than indicated in the above "price list." Before buying, you might want to check availability through Sam's Club. I "special ordered" through Sam's at $105 per tire less than through the discount program. The same dealer will be doing the install. Only drawback is that he charges $20 more per tire for mount/balance ($80 vs $60). Still a savings of $85/tire (x8 = $680).