Sign in to follow this  
diamond1041

RV Comfort Control.ZC

I have a 2006 Fleetwood Pace Arrow motorhome with the thermostat RV comfort control.zc.

I am having nothing but problems. I take it to a RV dealer and they sell me a new one. I'm on the 3rd one and still it will not work will/not switch zones.

I call the manufacturer -- no help there. Reading on other forms, I am not the only one experiencing problems.

This is what is happening -- play with it for hours then I get the air to work and this is not too often. Park the motorhome, next trip out same thing.

Does anyone have a idea of how to solve it?

Will the Hunter thermostat work with 2 air conditioners, 2 furnaces and a heat pump in the unit?

Been fighting with this for 4 to 5 years. What I have paid could have replaced the air conditioners and furnaces with something that works.

Not sure you have the same issue, but the common problem many of us had with the RV Comfort Control.zc thermostat from that era was its digital display would lock up with 00 showing. That would shut down the units and prevent any change or restart with the controls until it was reset. Resetting is accomplished by temporarily pulling the 12 vdc fuse for the thermostat (or shutting down the complete 12 vdc source temporarily).

The cause of the 00 locked up condition according to the manufacturer was RFI (radio frequency interference) effecting their electronic circuit board. They went through several design revisions to the circuit board behind your thermostat, before finding a solution that fixed it for most of us. The source of the RFI causing the lock up for some was the flourescent light fixture ballast and some had success upgrading their fixtures to low RFI ballasts.

There are many other possible RFI sources in todays RV: cell charger, PC charger, etc. Mine would go into lock up 00 state in the middle of the night with no lights turned on, and the problem went away completely only after I had a newer vintage circuit board installed.

If that's not the problem you were trying to describe, sorry I can't help.

I may have already asked if so ignore, but do you have any of the old thermostats that you would sell? Mine has lost segments on the display and an 8 looks like a E 6 like and E, hard to set or read.

Thanks Harold

We are now full time RV'ers. This just started to happen to us. Not fun at 3:30 AM in north FL and it is down to 34 degrees. I am ready to have a lead box build and put the thermostat in it. Is there any other thermostat that will work with my heat pumps and furnaces? This must be a big problem that is not getting solved. I even read one blog and then looked at my stat and it has the two red dots so I guess I have the new version. Would someone please help!