Sign in to follow this  
jarz09

Just How Bad Was Spooktackluar in Farmingtom NM?

This is about the Spook-tackular Ramble/Rally in Farmington NM.

Well this is just our opinion and some others (do not know if they will post-- I hope they do everyone needs to be heard).

To start the people that volunteered were great!!! The Ramble/Rally was well though out and seemed to be OK' at the start, But the lack of thing to do at the Ramble were lacking' Very much lacking!

The Food was horrible the eggs were cold and rubbery, the potato's also under cooked and the bacon was all most raw. Only regular coffee or orange juice. That was the 1st day. We decided not to go back then second day. We were informed that the second days was not any better, so on the third day I went down by my self (wife would not go).

Well same old food only the ham was cold and undercooked!!!! This is so wrong bad-- food 3 days in a row. Most of the Member/Rally Participants on our row and others that I chatted with all had the same experience.

As to the venue's and venders--. well they were few and far between. I feel sorry for the vendors because there were not enough of them and without more vendors, folks were just walking thru and leaving! We have been to three (3) Convention/Rally's/Rambles now and this was the worst! I paid way to much for 30AMP & H20 in a very narrow space. With no place park my toad, closest was (1/2 block away). No septic unless you paid extra for a pump out!

In closing, the McGee Campgrounds was very clean, very good weather, nice people. After the Indian Ruin's and some small town shopping there was nothing else to do. No events at the Ramble except for a few seminars.

Thanks God we we're at the Balloon Festival or I would have been upset too travel all that way for what we received (not much). I Think that FMCA needs to be more involved and make sure that the members have a good time and do not over pay in these hard times.

ps. On the way home we have meet new FMCA members, on the road and they all concurred-- not so good at the Spook-tackular 2011!

I am sorry that you found nothing to do at the Spooktacular Ramble in Farmington. We felt that we scheduled many and a variety of activities that would attract people. We had two tours that took place on the Sunday and Monday before the Ramble - one to a winery where 80 people attended and one to a very popular local museum, the Bolack Museum where about 75 people attended. Besides the pre-ramble activities there were 3 nights of entertainment and a DJ lead dance and Halloween contest, games were scheduled everyday, a pet parade, crafts, a special session for first-timers, and seminars that were usually a full house were also on the schedule. We had a golf tournament, card bingo, dance lessons, a ladies tea and a big classic car parade and car show. We do listen to our attendees and each year have tried to add activities to our Rambles that would appeal ot all of attendees.

In addition to the activities planned for the Ramble, the Farmington area has many historical and native american sites to see: Chaco Canyon, Salmon Ruins, Shiprock, the River walk along the Amimas River, the Durango to Silverton narrow guage railroad, Aztec Ruins national monument, 4-corners Monument, Mesa Verde, and many more, A trip to the Farmington Convention and Visitors Bureau would be a good start for directions to these sites.

The food at the Ramble this year seemed to be very satisfactory to the vast majority of people attending. As the RMMA secretary working in the office we are some of the first to hear compliments and complaints about the food...and in the past we have certainly heard many complaints. This year, however, we were pleasantly surprised to hear little or no complaints about the food so we were surprised to see your letter.

We are aware that we did not have as many vendors as we have had in the past. We do think that a big part of this is due to the economy. Vendors do not necessarily choose as many events to attend as they once did, and take into consideration the distance they must travel and expected attendance at Rambles. This is very true for the lack of show coaches. We have learned a little about the cost of bringing show coaches to Rambles and have found that we are not the only area that is lacking in show coaches. Even the FMCA Convention show coach numbers are down for the same reason.

We do thank you for your comments. We strive to put on the best Rambles we can with the resources we have and with the support of FMCA.

It is really strange that no one else had a problem with the FOOD????? I do not believe that, not from what we we told around the event!!

As to your response to things to do, well yes there was the Indian ruins.. We looked at those in two days, and as you very well know Chaco was a very long drive and a bumpy dirt road for 18 miles or so. You cant count New Mexico's Ruins as FMAC events. That's just not correct.

I would expect you to stick up for the event but your facts are not quit correct. My wife and I make our own fun and we did, so we had a good time! But the event was not up to par' and that is not just our opinion. I really wish the members that attended would speak up, but they are being reserve about saying anything bad about an FMCA sponsored event.