cbdeajr

Repairing An Area That Is Delaminating

I have noticed a small (8x10 inch) area in the middle of the sidewall that is starting to delaminate. There are no windows or other opening near it.

What is the best DIY for repairing it. I have thought about just drill a small hole and injecting some fiberglass resin or glue. I have some gel coat left over from a boat repair I did and it is close to the wall color so I could cover the hole with no big problem.

The MH is a 2001 Winnebago Brave.

Cecil

Hi, be sure you locate and repair where the problem is originating from first, as soon as possible. I finally located a leak on our mh and it was inside the roof vent for the refer. Water travels. We had pulled the widows and resealed them just to find out they were NOT the leak source. Take a look inside your kitchen and other cabinets, near the ceiling, for water damage. Maybe even pull out the microwave,if it's up there............. Sorry I haven't found anything yet to reattach the panel and I'm still looking....................Good luck, Jerry

Hi,

Yes, make sure you investigate why the delamination occured. I have seen repairs done like you describe. Using the right glue is important. Clamping is required..

I recently saw a product listed specifically for delamination repair.