tmoning

June 2009 Pets Photo Contest WINNER

AND THE WINNER IS ...

Christal, a puggle (pug/beagle mix) owned by FMCA members Ralph and Gloria Dolan of Cottage Grove, Ore. Congratulations!

post-220-1246972360_thumb.jpg

How to Enter

Take a picture of your pet, and follow these steps to upload it to this thread/topic:

1. Click the Add reply button, above, right.

3. Browse to the image on your computer and then click UPLOAD. (The Browse and UPLOAD buttons are below the square text box.)

4. Scroll down and click Add Reply and you will see your photo/entry.

When posting your photo, please share information about your pet: name, age, breed, motorhoming life, and any other information you care to provide.

The winner

Our hard-working, animal-loving staff will select their favorite photo befitting the current category. The winning pet owner will receive the featured prize for the month.

The motorhomer who sends in the cutest pet photo in June will win an FMCA cap.

Rules and conditions

1. Limit of three entries per month (one photo constitutes one entry).

2. By uploading a photo, you represent that you either own the copyright in the photo, or you have permission from the copyright owner to use the photo for the intended purpose, as further set forth in the next sentence, and that you hereby agree to indemnify Family Motor Coach Association, Inc. (FMCA) for breach of these representations. By entering the contest photographers agree to grant FMCA the royalty-free and nonexclusive right to distribute, publish and use the photographs in publications and on the Internet.

3. FMCA reserves the right to end or extend the contest at any time if entries are insufficient.

4. Winner will be notified via e-mail and announced on the Pets forum.

Prize for June contest:

post-220-1243950873_thumb.jpg

This is our 7 year old Australian Terrier "Cobber" watching the parade at Bishop Mule Days in Bishop California. We took our Dutch Star and spent Memorial Day weekend watching mules do their thing and their owners/riders trying to keep up with them Great fun if you haven't been there.

post-4343-1243959058_thumb.jpg

Shadow, our 5-year-old 120-lb Lab/Great Dane mix, is also known as "Mr. Nosey." He's the most curious dog we've ever owned, and he's watching the following Jeep to make sure it's negotiating the trail correctly. He loves the motorhome and Jeep equally. Kaya, our 6-year-old 30-lb coyote/terrier mix, is in the Jeep also but below the sight line. Given her choice, Kaya will stay in the motorhome rather than ride in this Jeep.

post-3114-1243959573_thumb.jpg

At 72lbs, Zeke has simply not comprehended that he is a lap dog. I cannot sit on the couch very long without Zeke deciding that he wants to come up and join me. When I'm not on the couch, he's there looking outside, keeping a watchful eye on the RV and anyone who comes by the window!

Zeke is a Giant Schnauzer! He keeps a watchful eye on our three miniatures, all who are less then 20lbs. He was born November 11, 2004. They are great, playful dogs but still have their protective nature, you'll know when you hear his bark!

post-4353-1243960050_thumb.jpg

The Papillons: (L-R) Brandy, Sophie, Abby, Kahlie, Annie

Papillon means "Butterfly" in French, and these little girls love to fly!! They range in age from 1-2 years old.

Daughter, Jennifer, is doing her best "Vanna White".

2000 Winnebago 31C

We've had this RV for about 14 months....and as you can see, the dogs love it! The license plate is "PAPHAPPY".

We love our Paps!

Bill & Claudia Archer

Wilmington, NC

FMCA # 407293

post-4344-1243960549_thumb.jpg

This is Annie, our 14 year old Austrailian Shepherd taken after a hard day playing in the Oregon Sand Dunes. Annie travels most everywhere with us and has been most appreciative of the various upgrades to her "Doghaus" over the years.

post-4236-1243960848_thumb.jpg

This is Daisy and "her" cat, Jeffrey. They travel with us everywhere and provide company for each other. They eat, sleep, and play together. We are their "pack" and they are only happy when the pack is complete. Any time the door of the motorhome is open, they jump in, ready to travel.post-4372-1243963673_thumb.jpg

post-4378-1243964291_thumb.jpg

This is our 2 year old Miniature Pinscher, Little Bit. As you can see, he loves the motorhome life! We tell him to get ready, we're going in the motorhome, and when we come home to load, he's got his toys on the couch, ready to go! His favorite place is on the dash so he can see what's happening! Little Bit has been a "dash-hound" since he was 11 weeks old.

Lucky is our 14 year old, 95 pound Labrador Shepherd mix. Lucky was a rescue dog, but has settled in well to our family life. He loves to travel with his buddy, Duke, in our RV, a 40 foot Gulf Stream Friendship. In this picture we were at a truck stop in Texarkana, TX heading home to the Austin, TX area after a 4 month summer trip. While my husband, Jay, was filling us up with diesel fuel, Lucky decided he wanted to get on the road and get home. You should have seen the truckers do a double take as they walked past our RV! He was quite the talk of the truck stop that day.

Danielle Sender

Georgetown, TX

post-392-1243964987_thumb.jpg

post-392-1243965056_thumb.jpg

The first picture was too small, so I will try again. This is Brody,our JRT, talking to a drain pipe in downtown Greenville S.C. Almost like the dog in the RCA pictures.

David Carr

Currently...Medford Oregon

post-4351-1243967833_thumb.jpg

We have been fulltiming for almost seven years now, and Larry has been part of our household for five of those.

I caught Jan playing tug of war with him one day.

Dave and Jan Rudisill

2004 Beaver Monterey

In Coos Bay, OR

post-4400-1243969710_thumb.jpg

Archie Z. Fox is a Pomeranian who was born a few days after 9/11. In the past he didn't travel much with us as he stayed home with my mother who called him her Car Alarm because he'd bark when cars came in the driveway. Archie's uncle Buddy De Bear is more known to the campers because he travels with me thinks my RoadTrek is his - I'm only there to drive it. Right now family obligations have grounded me, but when I get traveling again, Archie will be with us.

post-4404-1243970689_thumb.jpg

post-4404-1243970765_thumb.jpg

The little one is a Toy Australian Sheppard named Mooke Blue and is 1yr old. The other fella is a Golden Retriever named Finnegan and he is 4mos. They are new to RVing but we have been RVing for about 2 1/2 yrs. This month will be their first big trip as we are planning a 10 or so week trip up the East coast to Maine an then to Mackinaw Is.

post-4411-1243975401_thumb.jpg

This Emmett aka - Boogie. He is a cross between a Pug and Terrier. He loves to be in the RV as you can see he gets pretty mellow. He is about 10 years now and his health is not as good as it use to be. He has been run over by a car, has diabetes (2 shots per), has diabetic cataracts, had one eye repaired, got glaucoma 6 months after the eye repair and is now almost totally blind. But, it has not slowed him down much. We just have to keep him a leash.

post-4417-1243974788_thumb.jpg

post-2145-1243979523_thumb.jpg

Bud is my name and being helpful is my game!! I'm an 8 yrs. old black cat weighing in around 14 lbs! Full-timing is lots of fun with my Mom, Dad and our 5 yr old Shih Tsu in our 35' Bounder motorhome. In the mornings when Mom is busy on her computer, I'm right there to be of assistance and provide my support! Life is great! :rolleyes:

post-4454-1243993036_thumb.jpgSophie is an 8 year old Golden Retriever who is a Therapy dog at Miami Children's Hospital. Sophie has recently survived cancer and loves camping in the family motorhome. Sophie recently went to Lafayette, La. and enjoyed the jazzfest. This picture is of Sophie relaxing at Lake Martin in Lafayette.

We adopted Gordon at the ASPCA in Las Vegas, NV after our Chocalate Lab Sam died while we were camp hosting in Death Valley NP Dec. 2007. Weren't sure how Gordon would fit into our RVing lifestyle but he has taken to it very well.

Pics are 1 & 2 Gordon sleeping with his friends 3 Gordon's first Christmas

Mike & Wendy

post-4462-1243999741_thumb.jpg

post-4462-1243999775_thumb.jpg

post-4462-1243999864_thumb.jpg

In this picture Tanner 2 1/2 years old is on my chest and Trio 3 years old is between my feet. These two Toy Fox Terriers were introduced to the motorhome just after it was purchased a year ago. This trip took us to Trinity Lakes KOA in the Trinity National Forest in northern California. We had spent a busy day of exploring Trinity Center, the lake, and miles of trails. The advantage to small dogs is you can all fit into one lounge chair for an afternoon nap.

Cathe

2005 ALFA See Ya Gold

2004 Acura MDX toad

To be a fulltimer August 2009