Sign in to follow this  
rvjer

TST 507 Tire Monitoring System

I am disappointed that the Tire Monitoring Systems article in this month's issue of Family Motor Coaching left out what I feel is one of the best systems on the market. Truck System Technology's TST 507 beats most of the systems listed in the article -- hands down, in my opinion.

It shows pressure and temperature. And, it has user-replaceable batteries. Their customer service is one of the best I have found, and I feel the company is as honest and as customer-oriented ever. I heartily recommend them to anyone.

rvjer

We bought the TST 510 system a year ago. From the beginning, the sensors would give false readings. Often, at start up in the morning, a sensor would read low tire. Upon removing the sensor, the tire checked fine. Also, the sensors would seize on the valve stems, particularly the Borg Warner valve extension stems. That eventually broke both of the special tools that TST supplied to be able to install and remove the sensors from the valve stems.

I sent the entire kit back to TST for examination. They returned it to me, reporting that 3 sensors were defective, and they replaced the monitor (it sounded like just because they felt like it). They returned the kit back to me with my broken sensor installation tools. So, I haven't installed the kit yet. Our coach is in storage right now, so it's no big issue. I'll contact TST and order a couple of installation tools.

I think the TST monitoring system is OK. I don't know if it's the best, because I haven't had the pleasure of using a properly operating system of any brand. I will say that when I contacted TST, they took my concerns seriously, and I do believe that they tried to do their best to address those concerns.

Based on my experience, if I was shopping for a tire pressure monitoring system again, the most important thing that would be at the #1 spot on my "must have" list would be sensors that allow you to check the tire pressure without removing the sensor. Absolutely must have that ability.

I would suggest giving them a call and ask to talk to Dan Covington, I would explain the problem to him and I'm sure he will remedy the problem for you. I had a 510 system for almost 4 years and they worked with me on every problem I had until I switched over to the 507 system, since then I have not had one problem with the system.

rvjer

I have the TST system and at first I was having trouble with sensor failure. At the Madison show TST admitted they had had sensor failure problems and traded out my older sensors at no cost no questions asked. I am quite satisfied with the performance now.

Guest Wayne77590

I was disappointed 3 years ago. I purchased the TST and installed them on the TOAD. (I purchased 10 sensors). Over the next few weeks I also had the false warnings. I was, and still am, reluctant to put them on the coach, and they have been removed from the TOAD. I really wish that they had worked the way they were intended to work. Oh well!

Since this started out asking about the TST507 system I was wondering if anyone who has the 507 system could comment on how difficult it is to install the sensors with the installation tool on hard to reach valve stems such as the inner duals. I am not interested in using valve stem extensions at this time. Just curious about the degree of difficulty installing and removing the sensors.

I have the 507 system and without extensions, I think it would be very dificult to install the sensors on the the inside tires.

Ronnie

I have the 507 system and without extensions, I think it would be very dificult to install the sensors on the the inside tires.

Ronnie

Thanks Ronnie that's what I was thinking.