dallasw

Thermo-pane Windows

We have a 2007 Phaeton with several windows that have lost their seal & have began fogging. When talking to RV service centers I get different responses - replace the entire window or have them taken apart cleaned and put back in. Has anyone had any dealings with thermo-pane windows and the best way to correct the issue?

I have the same issue with my Fleetwod Excursion. There are a few places who advertise that they do this work, but none of them close enough to me (I live in the Sacramento Ca area) so I started asking glass shops. I found two locally who said they could do it, although only one of them had a facility big enough for my vehicle. I expect to have the work done next week.

I am having the drivers side front (fixed) glass replaced. They are going to pull out the enitre frame, a then extract the section that needs to be fixed and replace the glass. They are going to put a piece of plastic over the window opening so I can drive home while they work on the window. Interestingly, even though it is a glass shop, they send a template to a company who does thermal tempered glass.

All of this, including labor, for $325. The local RV places wanted to replace the whole thing for about $1,500, so I feel this is pretty good.

Fleetwood (and the dealer who sold me mine) are out of business. The 'new' Fleetwood doesn't want any part of my problems. Allegro might be a bit more sympathetic, since this is definitely a safety issue. Have you contacted them?

JT

Dave Root RV Glass out of Bend, Or., and he also "Tours" the snowbird sites during the winter season. Knows his stuff, reasonable, and does high quality work. Google up his website because I think he now offers a DIY kit that he will mail. I have also heard if you are handy enough and pull your own problem window and ship it to him, he will repair and send back.

I am in the DFW area of Texas can anyone help me with this foggy window issue?

The closest place I found when I was living in Kerrville, Texas was in Searcy, Arkansas - The RV Fog Doctor. I eventually had a very good friend in the glass business replace the glass for cost of materials - otherwise the cost would have been very expensive. This is the website in Arkansas:

http://www.rvfogdr.com/

If you want to do it yourself or possibly remove the window and ship it for repair, try:

Dave Root Glass Repair in Oregon.

I am in CANADA and had the thermo pane window fog proplem at the RV dealer asked me if I needed this type of widow so they ask if they could brake the inside window now its fixed and cost nothing do not need thermo windows anyway if any ohers fog up I will do the same

Do not know what part of Canada you live in, but there is one location around the Toronto area that removes the fog from windows.

I just can not remember there name. I think its on the North west side of Toronto in the area of the 427.

They have a different solution then most. They install a one way valve in one of the corners. I have no feedback on how well it really works though.

D.M.

We have a 2006 Fleetwood Excursion. We have had the drivers window replaced under warranty since it was a drivers obstacle and hazard however, we have already had 7 windows taken apart, cleaned and resealed and are getting ready to have the last 4 done. SGI the original window manufacturer, is out of business. We found a company in Pahrump, NV and one in Hudson, Fl that have fixed them at approximately $200.00 a window. Both have done an excellent job and are guaranteed. The drivers window that was replaced under warranty was a brand new window. Hope this helps. Seems like when we are on the road (full timers) we seem to see a lot of Fleetwood products over other manufacturers who seem to show this problem.