RickJunell

Slide Out Reset Button And Pumps

I own an older Teton 5th wheel and the subject of slide out "reset" switch has come up.

Is there anyone out there that might be able to give me some information on this switch.

i.e. location, pump location, fluid for pump?

Since you mention pump and fluid, are you sure the slide is hydraulic? I ask for two reasons:

1. Generally a hydraulic system does not have a "reset switch", but electrical motor slide systems generally do have one. I do know some Safari coaches use a mix of hydraulic and electric slides -- the latter some of which have a "sync" button.

2. I've been amazed (and wrong) before, but I cannot see a manufacturer of a trailer install a hydraulic system of pump, manifold, sump, valves, and high pressure lines for a slide when nothing else on the rig will use it.

Just food for thought as you appear unsure of the type of mechanical slide system you have. If Teton still is in business I would give them a call.

Chuck

Not familiar at all with the Teton products, but there may be a breaker in the 12 VDC between battery and slide hydraulic pump/electric motor. There should be some protection in case of electrical failure.

Brett

Guest Wayne77590

Can you tell us who the manufacturer of the slide-out motor is, and the controller for such?

As asked, hydraulic or electric?