Sign in to follow this  
mikey360

Atwood GE16EXT Water Heater Element Replacement

2007 Fleetwood Providence CAT 350 Allison MH3000 with an Atwood GE16EXT Water Heater that needs a new element for electrical operation.

Am I correct in my assumption that the unit will have to be pulled out of the coach in order to get to the element? The element is the screw in type. I have stood on my head and any number of other positions trying to find access to the rear of the water heater with no luck. I can find no way to get to the back of the unit.

Are some coaches constructed in such a way as to require the removal from the coach to get to the element on the back?

I'm hoping someone has done this before on a Providence or Discovery (maybe) and can give me the wisdom of their experience.

Mikey, I see by your travel map you travel midwest to west coast throught the middle. Try dropping down through Texas one time. Your will love it and the people down here.

? Have you looked for access from the inside of your coach? There might be an access panel under or behind a drawer or cabinet. I'm going to asks, are you sure you need a new element and not to just replace a fuse? Just a thought.

Ok, Atwood said they have no idea as they have no say in how their products are installed by the coach manufacturer. Called Fleetwood. They said all of the coaches they make have inside access absolutely. So I have to go stand on my head again tomorrow when I get home from work. I'm gonna' figure this out if it kills me. BTW, wifey is a Texan and we lived there for 4 years. Texas is a great state. Low taxes and most laws seem to be rooted in common sense. It is a very good place to live.