chasmatt

New To RVing And This Forum

My wife and I just purchased a used National Tradewinds Class A MH.

We plan to be using it a lot next summer after I retire and will snowbird with it next winter.

It is winterized now, and parked at a storage lot. We have been driving it and getting as familiar with it as we can so we will be ready in the spring. If I could I would retire now so we could get going.

Congratulations on our new purchase and welcome to the Forum.

Assume this is a diesel. If so, be sure that you store it with the fuel tank full to minimize condensation. Many add a BIOCIDE if storing diesel fuel more than a few months.

If weather permits, it is not a bad idea to drive it once a month-- also a good "bonding" experience. But, don't start the engine unless you can drive a minimum of 25 highway miles-- far enough under load to get the oil, not just coolant up to operating temperature.

My wife and I purchased our future retirement home this summer. Have taken a few trips already, one long and several small. Looking forward to taking the time this coming year to start enjoying a new lifestyle of leisure. Planning on going full time in 6 yrs or so.

Welcome to RV'ing and the FMCA Forum to CHASMATT and also Chuck and Kathy. You have a great adventure ahead of you. No matter whether you travel short trips to places of interest or go all in and move into the motor home full time, you will find your life enriched by a new means of travel. Enjoy the journey!

Welcome to the FMCA Forum and the RVing lifestyle. We made short 3 or 4 day trips and a few 10 to 14 day trips over the past three years but we closed the sale of our home last Friday to officially become fulltimers. We will be spending the winter in central Texas and begin our traveling adventures in the spring. Just relax and enjoy the trips you can make at this time and meet your neighbors wherever you go. You will find that RVers are a friendly and helpful group.

I am not exactly new to rving but I am nearing a big decision to sell my business and retire from my dog grooming business that I have operated since I was eleven years old. I am scared and excited all at the same time. I don't plan to be a full timer but the next thing to it...maybe travel for six months at a time.

I recently got into writing and enjoy the craft immensley. I can write and travel at the same time. I did a seminar at the Indio FMCA Rally in January on " Have you ever thought of Writing?" I am unable to attend the rally in Indiana this year but next year I plan on being free as a bird.

Judy Howard

jhoward1935@gmail.com

www.sportsterandme.com

www.sportsterhoward.com

Judy it's great to hear you say you are going to follow that dream. I have five more years till retirement, but when that happens the DW and I will be part timers. We are planning on about 6 months on the road and 6 months in the stick house. Most of our trips will be about 2 months in length then some time home to see the kids/grandkids etc. then back on the road. I'm sure you enjoy writing while you're traveling. ( Just pull the rig over first! :) ) Have a blast and let others who can't, see things through your words.

Dan

My wife and I just purchased a 2001 Holiday Rambler. We love it so far.

We traded a 32ft travel trailer for it.

New to this site, trying to find out some info on flat towing.

Welcome and you all will find a lot of good support and tech know how here.

Don't forget the search function if you are looking for a specific fix, topic or just want to browse various issues.

They all eventually come up here if MH related.

If looking for tech advice, etc, it helps to know the year, make, model, etc of the MH and or product you need assistance with.

Great bunch of experts will help resolve tech issues.

Don't forget to have fun.