Sign in to follow this  
larryanelson

Remove Carpet And Install Other

I do not know of a company in the west. The most time expended by the installers is removing the old carpet, you might want to consider removing the old carpet yourself. There will be hundreds of staples, but leave the tack strips around the edge. The only tools would be a utility knife to cut the carpet and pad, and pliers to remove the staples. While time consuming, the removal does not require any great skill. If you have tools and have reasonable expertise, you should be able to remove the front seats (you do not need to remove bases) and any other furniture over the carpet. Any of these items that you can do yourself will reduce the cost of replacement.

Hi Larry

We just had our carpet replaced with the continuation of porcelain tile installed in the Solon area of our 2000 American Eagle.

We called a local carpet and tile store in our area for a bid and ended up with them doing the job. I called for and got all the info from the coach company with regard to color and type grout material and the tile shop did a marvelous job and saved us a thousand dollars under what an RV type remodeler in our area would have charged.

In our case the tile was still being manufactured so we use a transition tile to tie them together just to break up the solid appearance.

Hope this may help you.

JIm

I am having carpet replaced by Camping World. They sub out these more involved jobs, to more advanced and experienced comnpanies. One thing to note, make sure they measure your entire floor that will have carpet, INCLUDING the slides. Basically, you must double your square footage for any slides. Camping World did NOT do this, so we are having to wait an extra week for more. However, I find CW in Mesa very easy to deal with. They have made up for this mistake with extra discounts on the job. Good luck!