Guest Wayne77590

Artillery Ridge CG, Gettysburg, Pa.

Guest Wayne77590

Sitting in site #50.

Stop by if you are in the area and say hello.

We were thinking of trying a new CG next time we go to Gettysburg.

Tell us a bit more of what you think about this particular one please. :rolleyes:

Guest Wayne77590

To get different (or similar) opinions, visit RV Park Reviews

We did not spend a lot of time at the CG, even though we stayed there for 4 nights. It was a wonderful jumping off point for touring the area.

The spaces were close, but I was still able to put the awnings out. The only "problem" with the CG is the crushed granite spaces were not level. Nothing that the levelers could not handle, but it required me to put out our extra portable step. A little grading on those sites would make this a very enjoyable CG. So on a scale of 10, I gave it an 8.

The office personnel wer very nice. They have a Diorama of the Gettysburg battle field with narrative. It is a must see before you tour around. The Diorama is free with your camping fee. If you are into horse back riding you can make reservations at the National Riding Stables which are part of the campground. The trail ride will take you over battlefield areas of the Civil War. This is a Passport America campground and if you are a PA member the cost will be $19.50 or $21.00 a night, Sunday through Thursday. (I do not know what the difference is between prices - normal price is up to $42) If you are not a PA member and decide to join, I'll give you my reference # and I'll get a $10 discount on next years dues, which are $44 a year. The return on investment is received after 4 nights at a PA campground.

The Gettysburg Meuseum is 1/2 mile away. The downtown area of Gettysburg is about 1 mile away. If I were returning to Gettsburg i would stay at Artillery Ridge CG again.

Thank you for the information. I am late (very) in my reply as I had trouble accessing the FMCA account and retrieving my password.

After giving up on this site, I tried again to retrieve my password today and they recognized my user name this time around. So, today is the first day I am on this site in - wow! - exactly a year and one day's time!!!!

Thanks again.

Guest Wayne77590

Welcome back.

I hope the GB PA info was helpful a year later.

Yes it was. We are overdue for a return trip to GB. Artillery Ridge will be in the running when we do. Thanks again.

Recomendation; Gettysburg campground. The owner is a camper himself, and you can see it by the condition and the way the park operates, not like a corporation. They have nice campground with level sites that are roomy and close to the battlefields. Very nice people and the owner runs a tight ship there. We go every year, although we have thought about a different place to try we love this place so much it would be hard to break away from.

Just my two cents incase anyone reopens this post looking into this area.