Vegasmailman

Honda EU-1000 Generator

I have been given this generator from an individual who basically has the same knowledge of generators as I do, which means none,lol.

I am not sure what to use it for when RVing, to be honest. I have a 2007 Georgetown, 34 ft. If I am dry camping, does it really do me any good to bring this along and hook it up. He stated it would keep my batteries charged, which if true would be beneficial. Is there anything else that such a small generator will do for my motorhome usage during drycamping.

Any comments?

Thanks

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

As he stated, the 1000 watt generator would make an excellent means of charging your batteries while dry camping. If that is the only reason for running a generator, this would be more efficient than running your large generator just to charge the batteries.

If you have a larger inverter/charger with its high amp charger, you will probably need to reprogram it to limit its power consumption to under 1000 watts-- no big deal.

You will have to weigh out whether the space taken with the additional generator and hassle of hooking it up and running it is worth it.

Brett

I replaced the piston, rings and connecting rod but since then the generator doesn't put out enough ac volts. it's suppose to have around 230 volts ac at the inverter harness connector but I get less than 80. Most of the time it jumps between 60-70. I can barely run a light and if it does come on it constantly flickers. What causes this and what do I have to do to fix it?!?

Alyce38,

You will need to give us a lot more information for us to be of assistance. Since you say it should put out 230 VAC, clearly it is not a Honda 1000 as is being discussed here.

What generator model?

Serial number if you have it?

How many hours on it?

Other than the motor overhaul, what has been done to it?