coarsegoldgg

Surge Protector

The surge protector on our 2003 Monaco Windsor smoked when I took it to Camping World to have the generator serviced. They removed the device and checked out the coach before proceeding but now I am faced with replacing it. I was told installing my the new unit I purchased for protecting the coach from faulty park power will not replace this unit because it is installed before the transfer switch on the shore power line. This would not vover the generator side. The original unit must have been installed on the ouput of the transfer switch. I have not located a replacement unit for this surge protector - does anyone have a source?

Thanks

George.

2003 Monaco Windsor 34PST

Is your new unit for portable use and not hard wire? If it is a hard wire model you should be able to install it after the transfer switch.

It is a hard wired model but with time delays built into it I was told I could not install it on the output of the transfer switch because it would give the generator fits. Maybe I need to ask the tech department that specific question so I will let you know what I find out.

Thanks for the suggestion.