Sign in to follow this  
evarney

Leveling 32' Class C

Good day to all.

First off I am new to RVing, this past June my wife and I purchased a brand new Holiday Rambler Alumalite 32' Class C. We have been camping in it just about once per month since the purchase, and love it. We have been getting a little more progressive with our leveling each time we have camped. The first trip we lived with the unlevelness of the RV; since we have been using the commercially available leveling blocks, which are ok. We have kids so we get some movement when they toss and turn in bed, so stabilization is also important to us.

I have recently been looking at the Ultra-Fab Power Twin II model 22 system for the rear of our RV. I have been researching it on the web and have reached out to the manufacturer; everything seems good. Ultra-fab stated their system will work for the rear of our RV; however they did not have a viable system for the front. I wanted to reach out to the FMCA community to see if this will work. Unfortunately we just don't have the funds to purchase a "true" hydraulic leveling and stabilization system.

So I guess what I'm trying to find out is:

Will I damage the frame by using a system like this?

Will it provide any significant stabilization/leveling?

Will I need some type of system for the front?

Thank you for any and all suggestions.

Evarney,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

As long as those levelers in the link are on the coach frame itself, no problem. Do not put them on a frame extension or other location that was not designed to support the weight of the coach.

And, as you have discovered, you can get pretty close to level using leveling boards. That always puts less stress on any jack system.

An option for the front is to use a small inexpensive hydraulic bottle jack on each side of the front frame.

And, as with any leveling/jack system, NEVER lift the rear wheels off the ground-- they are your parking brake. Lift them and the coach rolls!

Brett

Thank you very much for the response. I will be moving towards the purchase of this product. The product will be installed on the main frame itself, and I will remember not to raise the rear wheels off the ground.

Thank you again,

Eric

Brett, I am interested in what you are saying about NOT putting blocks under the rear wheels of a class C. That makes sense, but what does one do with this type of rig if you have to raise one side of the coach? I have been using those orange, interlocking blocks Camping World sells. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Perhaps I was not clear. You do not want to raise the rear WHEELS off the ground to level. Indeed, DO put boards, etc under the rear wheels if the back is low.

If one side is low, put boards, etc under the wheels on that side.

Be sure to support the complete footprint of any tire on boards, etc.

Brett