Sign in to follow this  
lp5151

Electric Power Gear jack is corroded

the RR jack on my '08 Southwind has gotten moisture in the jack brake causing some degree of corrotion. jack will not lower with the other 3 thus causing the leveling system to go into an error mode. my local repair shop says the jack motor needs to be replaced and since the moisture problem is inherient (they say) with this model of Power Gear Jack, they recommended that I replace the other 3 jacks as well.

the M/H is still under warranty, but i don't think Fleetwood nor Power Gear will authorize all 4 jacks to be replaced when only one is broken.

the mechanic said there are other models of Power Gear or more recent models of the ones I have that are more resistant to moisture and I should go that route. seems odd that i should have to replace something that isn't broken, but......??

has anyone had experience with this product or problem, help needed??

We had to have the right rear replaced about a month ago due to the motor being "frozen". Problem was inherent to Power Gear I was told at the dealer but they would not replace all 4 at once, only when the break. Power Gear comes with a two yr warranty so I can only hope they all quit within that timeframe, otherwise, we'll get them replaced as they go out I guess.