Xplorer

Kitchen Water Faucet Replaced

This AM, the rug in front of the kitchen sink was soaked. Kitchen Faucet had a significant leak, compared to an insignificant leak. It was inside the faucet itself. Took it out, drove to the Orange Box Store, and picked up a Glacier Bay, perfect match. Drove back, installed new faucet,,,,,,total time including drive, shopping and fix'n. About 2 1/2 hours. Like most of us, don't like problems, but sure do like when a plan comes together....wait a minute,,,,what plan. The new glacier bay, looks exactly like the old one, chrome finish and all, except the base plate is a little more oval.

You should have at least upgraded to a "Moen" and if you can afford it, up to a ''Grohe" . You won' t have that problem again and again.

Newbie used 93 Aerosport 34' cummins 8.3/ allison

I recently had to repair my kitchen faucet due to a leak that occurred during our last outing. The location was a bear to work with and my fingers not quite nimble enough anymore. In any case, I wanted to replace mine with a home unit but none of the base plates fit the design of my Corian sink/countertop. I would have had to find another 3 hole unit and none seemed to grab my fancy. Ended up just fixing the leak for the time being. Removing the old unit was difficult enough.

Getting the lines hooked back up while working blind in tight quarters was even more fun :)

Fortunately, I was able to repair mine.

And I will begin searching for a more suitable replacement.

My kitchen faucet was working OK but didn't like it. Replaced it with a faucet that is taller and the head pulls out like a sprayer.

This makes a much handier setup.

Also replaced the filtered water faucet as well.

Bill

Upgraded the Kitchen Sink to Stainless Steel. Even though the Glacier Bay was working fine, decided to change out the Kitchen Faucet. Went with a higher faucet to allow larger pans to fit underneath. DW didn't want the extended sprayer.

Went with a Pfister faucet this time. They got the Money, we got the N.

I try to review most purchases to infinity,,,,,,and have learned that Name is not always indicative of quality or being trouble free. Although, the moen's I purchased in the past were nice and liked them. Never used a Grohe.

Variety is still the spice of life. Scratch that! Older you get the less Variety! (in some things) :D