Sign in to follow this  
craigtaz

Western Area Rally Question

The wife & I have been FMCA members for over 10 years. We've attended our western area rally many times, but only as a one day visit, since our jobs always got in the way. Now that I'm retired, we plan on attending the western area rally next month in our RV.

Before I make my online reservation, I have a question about the electrical supply. It is an extra $50 for 30 amp hookups. I don't mind the extra fee as long as it is a good electrical supply. Plus I understand that there is a chance that not everyone that requests electrical hookups will get them. If we end up in the generator use area, will we be overcome by exhaust fumes? I have a Gen-Turi system, but I don't imagine every single person uses them.

Comments?

Thanks!

Craig

If you arrive Sunday or Monday you will get electricity. But if you wait until Tuesday or Wednesday you might not. There are 900 electric sites.

If you park in full-generator, generators can be run 24/7. If you park in the other generator area, there is a time restriction. We have not had complaints in the past.

We checked with the Rally Master and have been told that if you purchase electric, you will have it when you arrive, no matter when you get there.

Edited by FMCANationalOffice

Guest BillAdams

The power is also very good. The power is supplied by on-site generators in many cases so you might want to try avoiding getting parked beside one. Otherwise, come early and enjoy the rally. There should be plenty of room and plenty of electricity!

So I have made my reservations paid ... FMCA got my money for electricity but I may not get it?

How can I reserve a spot even if I have to pay for a couple days Mon & Tues to make sure I get electricity.

If I don't have electricity I will not be able to attend. Can I get a refund or what?

Why doesn't FMCA just stop selling elect sites when they get to 900, why overbook

and take our money. This is not right.

I have been to many "other" Rallies and have never had this as an issue.

Is there someone I can contact to find out about this? Any info appreciated.

You should get electric as long as you arrive Sun or Mon. If you don't plan to get there until Tues or Wednesday I would not plan on getting electric. You should be able to get a refund tomorrow if you call FMCA and let them know what your issue is. I don't believe you will get any refund if you arrive, don't get electric and request to cancel your reservation (other than the fee you paid for electric).

I understand that prior to the actual check in there will be dry camping on site.

Please, someone confirm.

I plan to arrive on Monday, dry camp and check in as early as possible on the 9th.

Also...When will we receive our "packets" ??

Thanks.

Because the RV's have to be parked in order, side by side, there is no way to bring a late arrival into one saved spot in the middle of the others. Once things fill up, they will be full. I am not a part of the rally committee so I may be mistaken and I hope to not be chastised for reporting my previous experiences.

OMG, we have been looking forward to this Rally for months, but I would be unable to attend without an electrical hookup. I made my reservations in September. We plan to arrive Wed about noon with a small group of other FMCA members. I plan to call Monday morning, hope we will not have to cancel!!!!

This would be crazy. Why bother making reservations.

Let us know what they say. Maybe it will clear up some questions. I have attended the last 6 or so (but not this year) and I did not see any provisions for late electrical arrivals. The "show" begins on the 9th but the expectation is that you would arrive at least 1 day prior to the start so you would be able to participate in all of the activities. I believe that you are allowed to arrive and be parked as early as the 7th.

So I have made my reservations paid ... FMCA got my money for electricity but I may not get it? How can I reserve a spot even if I have to pay for a couple days Mon & Tues to make sure I get electricity.

If you purchase electric, you will have it when you arrive, no matter when you get there.

I understand that prior to the actual check in there will be dry camping on site.

Please, someone confirm.

I plan to arrive on Monday, dry camp and check in as early as possible on the 9th.

Also...When will we receive our "packets" ??

Thanks.

Monday arrival is fine -- you can come into the fairgrounds and pay the nightly fee ($20 or $25 a night I can't remember right off) for the extra nights on arrival and check in at the same time. Will Call and On Site Registration will be in the Holding Area in the Orange lot Mon - Wed (see the map on the last page here: http://www.fmca.com/...3_ataglance.pdf) turn East into the Holding area off Arabia St just south of Dr. Carreon Bl. Rally fees cover Wed to Sat nights so a Monday arrival is 2 extra nights.

Credentials and parking placards will be mailed to you unless you asked to have them held at Will Call. They should be at your mailing address in time before the Rally. You will turn in Locator cards to get your goody bags with the Program, local info, food coupons etc. at the Fullenwider Auditorium Mon-Thu.

As to figuring out where you park and electricity - there are Electric areas, 7AM - 10 PM genny areas, and 24/7 genny areas - it is a large venue - in general there won't be water or sewer at or near your site, but there will be a pumpout service available and a dump site towards gate 9 - see the Program for details.

If you need more info post here so everyone can see or PM me.

See you in Indio!

--

Warren

OMG, we have been looking forward to this Rally for months, but I would be unable to attend without an electrical hookup. I made my reservations in September. We plan to arrive Wed about noon with a small group of other FMCA members. I plan to call Monday morning, hope we will not have to cancel!!!!

This would be crazy. Why bother making reservations.

As noted, if you paid for electric you will get electric no matter when you arrive. If you want to park with a group then all of you need arrive together and be in the same boat regards electric as there are Electric areas, 7am-10pm genny areas, and 24/7 genny areas,

Looking forward to seeing you in Indio!

--

Warren