Vegasmailman

Attaching FMCA Membership Plate to Motorhome

On 12/30/2011 at 4:49 PM, tcrider70448 said:

I used - 3M Scotch Mount Molding Tape 3614. It is a double sided tape that is ideal for attaching vehicle side molding, trim and emblems. Use multiple strips on back of plate. Make sure you know where you want it and have it properly aligned when you install it. It sticks. It can be removed, clean up with 3M adhesive remover is helpful.

👍I did that too, used two 2" strips. There is one downside, if you do not place the egg correctly the first time you have work to do(don't ask); upsides are; no extra holes in end caps, is semi-permanently mounted,  egg may be placed anywhere you wish.

It's also possible to get an egg which is a vinyl sticker only (minus the plastic backing plate) which can be applied directly to the coach.

Or at least it used to be with the previous supplier. I assume it still is.

This is what we did up front. The space for mounting was slightly curved, and the vinyl followed the curve easily.

20 hours ago, sbuckner said:

We just attached ours to the rear radiator grill with tie wraps.

IMG_9466.JPG

Looks good, but....My concern's; most store bought zip ties don't like UV and will fail, you might loose your egg. That might vibrate around and scratch the finish. 

Unless something has changed since the spring, Kiley is no longer the supplier for FMCA plates and mounting accessories. Here is the link that was provided at the time of a previous discussion about this for ordering supplies (including mounting hardware):

https://www.fmca.com/rv-plates

Richard,

The link I posted goes to a valid Kiley web site. I just called the phone number in the contact section and of course it is after hours but I got the recording for Kiley. Left a message for a call back and verification of business. I'll let y'all know.

Dan Ball posted in April that the relationship between FMCA and Kiley ended on March 22nd. If something has changed since then and Kiley is once again the supplier, it would sure be helpful for the information to be announced. Otherwise, the link I posted above is the most current one for ordering supplies that I can find.

Here's a link to that earlier thread:

Just because FMCA stopped using Kiley, does not mean that everyone else did.  Kiley does all the plates & mounting brackets for Good Same, 100's of Chapters if not 1,000's, Escapees, LCIF, BPOE, Masons and Shriners International...that I know of.  I have a Shriner Plate on order! :o

I don't use the Vinyl stick on because I have another hard Vinyl plate that my egg fit on.  It say's "National Director" on it. :) I use Commercial grade, black. ties...been on my ladder for 6 years, with no sign of wear or brittleness!  

Richard, just for you😀 and as an unofficial announcer here it is:

I spoke with Denny Kiley this morning. He returned my phone call from the message I left.

They are still in business and here is a link to their web site Kiley Mold

The previous link I posted was directly to the brackets.

Dennis stated that they are not "full time" in the business but they are still operating on a part time bases and answering and filling orders.

Pass the word!

2 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Richard, just for you😀 and as an unofficial announcer here it is:

I spoke with Denny Kiley this morning. He returned my phone call from the message I left.

They are still in business and here is a link to their web site Kiley Mold

The previous link I posted was directly to the brackets.

Dennis stated that they are not "full time" in the business but they are still operating on a part time bases and answering and filling orders.

Pass the word!

Thanks for the information.

Just to make it clear, my comments earlier were in on way to make any type of statement about Kiley. Not whether they are in business nor whether they still serve as a vendor to other organizations.

The purpose for my posting the information was in response to the thread from last spring. In that thread I had posted a link to Kiley, only to have a rather cryptic posting about the FMCA vendor which sort of corrected what posted. Later on Dan B informed us that Kiley was no longer the vendor for FMCA plaques and accessories. So, based upon that information, I posted what is I believe still the most current information about the 'official' vendor of plaques and related accessories.

Not sure why there was any controversy about this, and not sure why there seems to be a hesitation to promote the FMCA vendor/distribution chain on these things.

I fully understood you. I had seen that same information from last Spring. I was surprised when I "Google" it and came up with the web site so decided to call and see if I could get verification.  FMCA does have a deal with Kiley Mold so ordering though them goes to Kiley.  I don't know what  goes on between the upper echelon and businesses. 

Just the facts, just the facts.

Wayne, as you well know, upper echelon does have a history of putting the cart in front of the horse!  Frustrating as it can be, we are just along for the ride... 

I think we have strayed away from the topic.

I feel that there is no one way to mount your FMCA plaque. You can screw it, tape it, tie wrap it, even high strength glue it. It all comes down what is best for you. All the suggestions have been good and we hope the OP has his proudly mounted by now.

Herman 

FMCA called me about attending a recent rally and I sked about the plastic ladder mounts that I had seen.  He said they had them in stock, I think it was $20 or so.  They sent it out and a week later here it is.  We joined early last year just because the message board had been so useful when we were looking for a coach.  

IMG_1321.jpg

On 1/1/2019 at 4:33 PM, sbuckner said:

We just attached ours to the rear radiator grill with tie wraps.

IMG_9466.JPG

Thanks for the pic.  This is exactly what I will do.