Sign in to follow this  
ronnieg

Ford F53 V10 Speed Sensor

OK, here's my problem. My service engine light came on and one of the codes was "P0500" which when I checked this code, it says it's the "Speed Sensor". I know there is a speed sensor on Ford differentals in Ford F450 Vans and a lot of pickups (Superduty V10), but I can't find any reference to one on the F53. Does anybody know if one exists? If so, do you know what the part number is or where to obtain one? Thanks you in advance for your help.

Had a 99 Southwind V10, transmission was acting up, not shifting correctly. Turns out it was the speed sensor, I was told it was on the rear axle/differential by the mechanic but I didn't actually see it. Hope this helps.

John

A quick Google search listed many forums and parts sources for the F53 speed sensor. Prices from $18 to $26. Most of the time I've been able to find a forum that get me close to what I need to know. On most engine/chassis issues, someone has already been there.

For all the vehicles I've owned I have purchased the factory service manuals from http://www.helminc.c...homepage.asp?r=

That included a GMC P-30 chassis manual that carried a National Seebreeze we had many years ago. If you can't find what you need give them a call. Most of the manuals I've purchased ran from $30 to over $100. Generally CD format is less costly than paper, but I've found in every case the first self repair money saved more than paid for the cost of the manual.

Chuck

The speed sensor is on the rear diff. on the drivers side I think it takes a 10mm wrench to take the bolt off. It's a no brainer to change, unplug connector take bolt out pull sensor out of hole install new re-bolt plug in connector.