ronnieg

Ford F53 V10 Speed Sensor Location?

I tried this in the engines forum, but I've gotten no replies. Does anyone know if the F53 motorhome (mines a 2000 Southwind) has a speed sensor? I've gotten a "P0500" OBDI code which indicates a "speed sensor" but cannot find a listing for one for this F53 unit anywhere.

Sorry that you have not gotten a response to your post. By having your own ODBl you must do most of your own repairs and you just need help locating the sensor. A call to my local Ford Truck Dealer would be my first place to start. They may have a service bulliten on your problem, if not I am sure they can tell you where the sensor is located. It may be as simple as reprograming your ECM.

Good Luck. (You will get help soon)

Thanks for the reply Herman. Yeah I have my own OBDI, it's helped me fix a few things without searching around. I got out and got under and there is what appears to be a speed sensor on the rear differental. Now just to take it out and find the part number!!! Thanks again, I'll report back.

Ron

I have a 2000 Ford Excursion, and had the same issue. In my vehicle it is located on top of the rear differential on the driver's side. Just disconnect the wire, remove and replace it with a wrench. Part cost me about $81 at Ford. I would bet that the F53 chassis is the same set up.

Sounds like some good replies, indeed. Ask the Ford dealer for Recalls & TSBs. Also, I think it's NHTSA.GOV for Recalls & Tech notes. When using OBD2 Data codes REMEMBER the code doesn't tell you the failure, mearly the system to test through ! Examine the wire harness connectors throughout for corrosion. Frequently unplugging & reconnecting will scrape a poor connection. Perhaps disconnect the battery while troubleshooting to avoid ECM or BCM computer issues. A great Terminal Enhancer is "Deox-It", a bit pricy but can be used thruout the coach. It is a chemical metal contact enhancer. Good Luck, Gary