We got lucky and visited a dealer that had them 2 days before the official introduction. The young salesman insisted that they were not towable but I persisted until he found a manual and it clearly has a section on towing behind a motorhome.

From what the Motorhome Living 2011 guide says, the CR-V is towable but not to EXCEED 65mph.

Thus I'd have to drive at less than 65 - not probable given I run at 68 to 71 all day long.

WE recently bought a 2011 CR-V and intend to tow it next year (this year we stuck with our reliable Tracker) but can anyone advise what is the best method of protecting the towed from rock chips etc.?

Just got off the phone with Honda customer service.

I am towing a 2011 4 wheel drive CRV. The owners manual tells me to pull fuse #34 if going to tow for an extended period of time. Well you have to be a orangutan or octopus to pull the fuse so I asked my dealership who could not answer the following question: Would installing a battery disconnect be OK or does anything need any power while being towed?

I called AMERICAN HONDA CUSTOMER SERVICE and they could not or would not give me an answer either.

Can anyone answer this?

The reason for this question is that on a recent trip to Florida which took 2 overnights,both mornings my battery was dead in the Honda.

Chuck,

I do not know the answer to your question either, BUT, I would not chance continually cutting off power to the computer that controls the engine.

Better to install a disconnect in that fuse that should be pulled. Not difficult to wire. Then you just turn off that one circuit.

Brett

We tow a 2007 CRV with a Blue Ox tow package. Does anyone know if the attachment on my car would be transferable to a 2012 CRV.

Give Blue Ox a call. They can tell you if the 2007 and 2012 brackets are the same (unlikely since the part numbers are different). http://www.blueox.com/bx-r-baseplates.aspx

Also, don't know where you are located, but this on Blue Ox's website:

*** Blue Ox is offering a free baseplate installation to the first customer willing to bring their 2011 Honda CRV to our factory for the installation. Contact Mandy Johnson for further details. ***

Brett