Sign in to follow this  
theoldman

Toad Lights Plug

Got my lights for the toad. The Roadmaster Magnetic with round 4 prong plug.

On MH I have round what I will call 7 prong ( six flat around the outside and one round in the middle.)

Can not find a 7 to 4 on line . I know that sometimes there is also a flat 4 plug alone with the 7 round on some trucks but can not see one.

Is there and easy fix with out cutting the wires to the round 7?

Hoping to head south on the 3rd. waited to order this Thinking it was a plug and play.

Now ck eng. light came on in the 08 toad I got a mo. ago.

Whats up?

Wal Mart, Napa, Pep Boys Auto Zone They should be easy to find. A word of caution if you run the 4 wire cord over the top of the toad and hood it may leave marks as the air flow will move it around.

I think the simplest solution would be to buy a 7-pin plug that will plug into the MH connector and then cut the 4-pin round plug off the toad wiring and wire in the new 7-pin plug. It doesn't matter that you won't be using the other pins. There are wiring diagrams on the Internet that show the pinout for the 7-pin. Roadmaster should be able to provide pinout for the toad wiring. Really easy fix and pretty inexpensive if you do it yourself. If you don't want to do it, any RV repair facility should be able to do it easily.

Cmarq gave good advice about the cable marking the car's finish. When you are towing the car, the wind will whip an unsecured cable which can damage the paint. You could run it under the car, but you would need to secure it so that it can't drag on the ground if it stretches a little.

Hope this helps.

Hey oldman, Do you know what chassis you coach has, Workhorse, Ford? If you know which one you can purchase a new harness plug that plugs into you light harness and has the 4 pin connecter on it. Check out your 7 pin connector and see if it is a harness that plugs into your light harness. You might be able to unplug it and take it to a part house and they can match it for you. Or as the others have said you can just purchase an adapter from the parts houses. It should be one piece adapter.

Good Luck

I use the original lights on the vehicle. No need to add extra lights and run extra wire the full length of the vehicle. We have done this installation on many tow cars for our customers.

Done. Went w/ 7 round with a 4 flat on it. Cut the 4 round off lights, put on 4 flat.

Just had one of those days could not get my head out side of the box.

THANKS