keithdon

Toyo Tires

I have 265/75/22.5 on my Dutch Star. They are two years old. I just put 4300 miles on them and had no problem with them. No matter what air pressure I put in them the seem to find a pressure of about 95 PSI cold. They run about 102 to 106 PSI on the road. I do not have full nitrogen in mine. I did not buy these tires as they came on the MH when I purchased it. Tires were my big concern when I bought the MH. So far so good. They are expensive compared to other tires. That is all I know. I hope this helps.

wbrown,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Please give us more details on what you mean by: "No matter what air pressure I put in them the seem to find a pressure of about 95 PSI cold."

And, yes, it is absolutely normal and expected that tire PSI will increase as the tires heat up with driving. That is the reason that all tire manufacturers recommend checking tire pressure BEFORE driving.

I installed Toyos when I went from 19.5 to 22.5. I've gone through 2 sets in 10 years. Now I'm using Michelins with a much smoother ride. The Toyo side wall is stiffer because it is a truck tire.

Yes, Toyo M122 tires were standard on Alpine Coach motorhomes until about 2006. I replaced the steer tires on my 2001 34-foot coach at 30,000 miles in 2005, substituting the premium M147s. Replaced the rear tires with M122s at 52,000 miles in 2006. Replaced one front tire in January 2010 (M147 again) at 92,000 miles and the other in November 2010 at 102,000 miles. The rear tires are still looking good. I carry about 110 pounds front, 95 pounds rear.