Sign in to follow this  
tsolomonnp@hotmail.com

Has anybody toured Australia?

+Hi,

Did not rent a motor home. Rented cars, rode buses and trains and flew. Spent 40 days in country. Absolutely fabulous. Visited Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, all of Tasmania, Coober Pedy (sp?), Alice Springs. Carnes, Brisbane, Perth, Freemantle and lots of spaces in between. Spent very little time in cities, mostly in country.

Rather than me try to guess what you are interested in , write me at ClarkJay@msn.com with q's.

Jay

Jay, thank you for your response. I am in the beginning stages of planning so will keep your email handy so I can pick your brain. We plan to head out next year in August. Have 6 months to explore AU and NZ. We want to as much as we can. If you travelled by car, did you stay in campgrounds?

Sorry for late response, have been traveling on the rv path.

We stayed in small out of the way motels in AU and NZ. By the way, NZ is fabulous. In several trips have done the entire country from north tip of north island to south tip of south island. Cook glacier and inlets area, Queenstown, Inverness, Dunedin and entire east coast of south island is best if limited in time. A beautiful country. Tasmania is also a great visit. On mainland, would pick Freemantle (Koala sight hunting in Eucalyptus (SP?) forests), Ayers Rock and Olgas, Coober Pedy, Canberra and Melbourne in that order. But you can't go wrong anywhere doing anything.

Enjoy.

Hi there, yes . My wife and I have toured Australia three times Based in New Zealand we found it easy. From USA your options would be more limited, but certainly not onerous. Please call me with your queries by email to swailesgc@clear.net.nz I would be happy to put you on the right road (so to speak).By the way have you thought of New Zealand instead of Australia?

Regards

Geoff Swailes