Sign in to follow this  
mike27becky

Full Wall Slide

We are looking to purchase a new 2011 coach with a full wall slide.

As we have a 2007 coach with 4 slides and have had a few issues with the largest slide shearing pins, has anyone had any problems with the full wall slide?

We have a 2008 American Tradition with a full wall slide.

We are very happy and love the interior room and open space that this slide gives us.

The slide is trouble free, knock on wood, and we have opened and closed the coach in both warm and quite cold weather.

Hello, we have a 2007 Fleetwood Discovery with a full wall slide. We have had no mechanical trouble at all in the 2 1/2 years we have owned it. The only problem we occasionally have is if we are parked where the wind is blowing toward the side of the slide out. The awning over the slide will billow up and down with the gusts. It takes a pretty good gust to do it, but it is annoying. If you do decide to go with the full wall slide which we love for the room and the open feeling it gives, check and see if the awning has some type of wind block. I have seen them on shorter slide out awnings, so I am sure the newer rigs have them. Enjoy your new coach which ever one you decide on.

Dennis

We have a 2008 Winnebago Voyage with a full wall slide. There was an initial problem that occurred shortly after purchase. The center carrier attachment bolts both sheered. A very sharp tech did the repairs and have had no problems since. The additional space is great. Our previous coach had three slides but did not provide the space that the full wall does.

I second the problem with the Slide Topper. Driving with significant side wind woud billow it up. Ended up driving 30 mph for 90 miles. I have removed the fabric and probably will never replace it. I find that if I level first sometimes it seems to shift in the opening. I now open the slides and then level. LOVE the layout and open feeling.

2008 Fleetwood Providence 39R

We have a 2012 Monaco Knight with a large driver side cable system and it has been nothing but problems and can find NOTHING on the internet regarding this, which tells me that Monaco has to be watching the internet and deleting any information that is negative that appears, We keep meeting people that are finding the same problems. So if anyone knows of anything on this problem please let me know. Thanks

We have a 2012 Monico Knight with a large driver side cable system and it has been nothing but problems and can find NOTHING on the internet regarding this, which tells me that Monaco has to be watching the internet and deleting any information that is negative that appears, We keep meeting people that are finding the same problems. So if anyone knows of anything on this problem please let me know. Thanks

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your full wall slide. We have a 2011 Monaco Knight with a full wall slide and have never had a problem. I also know of several others with 2011 & 2012 Knights who have not experienced a problem. Have you discussed the issue with Coburg?

OK, dcharn:

First, welcome to the FMCA Forum.

You have made three posts today on the same subject. And in two of them you have accursed someone/Monaco of deleting posts about others who may be having the same problem you are experiencing.

Reality: that has certainly never happened on the FMCA Forum and I seriously doubt that Monaco or anyone else has control over any of the major RV forums.

The good news is that you HAVE posted your experience and we will see if anyone else is having that issue.

dcharn,

Welcome to the FMCA forum!

As Brett mentioned - you request for information or help with a problem would not in any way be deleted from the forum!

You mentioned having problems with the slide out.

Could you please clarify the issue(s):

Something like - it will not extend, problem when pulling the slide in, binding, not coming in or going out squarely / equally on both ends, blowing fuses,controls not working or some other issue.

The better the information and the details will help the members to hopefully narrow down your problem.

Any equipment information or model numbers from the controls or hardware would also be helpful.

Rich.

We have a 2012 Monaco Knight with a large driver side cable system and it has been nothing but problems and can find NOTHING on the internet regarding this, which tells me that Monaco has to be watching the internet and deleting any information that is negative that appears, We keep meeting people that are finding the same problems. So if anyone knows of anything on this problem please let me know. Thanks

We were in Coburg, OR last fall. There was a couple at the service center there having the same kind of problem you mention on a Knight. I don't know if it was exactly the same, I do know that they talked about the cable system being the problem. I'm certain that if you contact Monaco (877-466-6226) and can manage to get your coach to a factory service center they will resolve the problem.

I also have a 2012 Knight with the full wall slide. I purchased it new and have had NO problems with the slide.