Homeroscar

Front Furnace Replaced Twice

Had the front furnace on my 2011 Diplomat replaced for the second time. Both times the blower motor mounts cracked and the screws holding the plastic stator together cracked out as well. I still feel a slight vibration when it runs and am not confident they have solved the root cause of the problem. The coach is still under warranty, but I certainly don't want some lingering problem and was curious if anyone has heard of this problem?

I haven't personally, but the two warranty replacements have been authorized by Atwood. Guaranty RV, service provider, was confident they solved the problem. They said they shaved some edge, not sure which one, when installing this second furnace, and this would prevent expansion, when the furnace heats up, and therfore prevent the fracturing of the motor base, etc....

Interesting. I have virtually the same furnace (Atwood 8535 IV DCLP) which I installed in 2007 and have not experience any issue with it.

My suggestion is to contact Atwood directly if you have any further issues or just want to confirm that the cause of your issue has been properly addressed.

http://www.atwoodmobile.com/

This is a long shot but you never know. I had 4 furnace motors replaced in my house furnace before a tech finally figured out that there was a vibration being caused by the squirrel cage fan. If the batch of fans were faulty, this could be the problem. There is no reason for there to be so much vibration that it causes cracking of the motor mount. Just a thought, Smokeater75