bobbyks

Motorhome Camera

I own a 2008 43-C Mandalay with a Pioneer Multimedia AV Navigation System AVIC-D3. I have experienced problems with the camera after having the coach in shop for repairs and they shut off all power.

The camera will allow me to view back up mode when putting the coach in reverse, when I go to drive a message will appear on screen--not allowed to view camera while in driver seat however the turn signals will allow vision. I have always been able to see my toad while driving. The dealer claims power disconnect has nothing to do with camera function.The radio and navigation functions work without problems. The Pioneer operation manual offers little help, I have sent e-mails to Pioneer web site and no response.

I have been able to get all modes in service in the past but not this time.

That’s a strange one……. I would expect your coach to have some sort of multi-camera switcher, with the output of that switcher going to the Pioneer (three cameras into the switcher, one signal out of the switcher – going to the Pioneer). I am not aware of any switchers that could generate such a message or that would not allow use while moving forward. I would expect that sort of message to come from the Pioneer unit, but how would it know which camera is being sent to it from the switcher?...... Why would the Pioneer allow you to see the output of the switch box when the side cameras are selected, but not show it when the rear camera is selected by the switcher.

Can you verify that that my assumption regarding your setup is correct?...... Do all three of your cameras go to a switcher box? Or, does the rear camera go directly to the Pioneer and the side cameras go to the switch box (and then on to a second a/v input on the Pioneer)?

bobbyks from Gonzales, La. If ever a name of a town and state spelled good food your is it. Hispanic/Cajoun. Brett is correct. Tim is one of the most helpful people I have had the pleasure to speak with. His first question to me was "is your Sony camera the 520 or 530?" He explained everything where I could understand it.

My Camera fed through my Trip Tec controller. My camera and monitor were both good. I called Trip Tec and the first thing they asked had I pushed the View Button? I hadn't and when I did wala I had my syatem working. Some where down the line I must have hit the botton and I didn't know that it would turn the picture off and on. Call or go visit Tim He can get you back on.

I am not near as smart as any of these guys that answer so many difficult questions on this forum. They leave me in awe and I feel my IQ rapidly drop when I read their thoughtful answers.

There might be something with the unit in its wiring harness. I have a AVIC 930 BT that i just had installed. I had to look up on youtube how to bypass the system in order to be able to use most of the functions without the parking brake enabled. It involved moving one yellow wire in the harness up to the position above it. This let me use all my functions while the vehicle is in motion. Not that i will be watching any videos while driving, i assure you lol as i am not that good at driving the behemoth yet. Perhaps your unit has a different method of bypass for using while in motion.

All i know is that the function you are talking about has to do with that feature in the Pioneer, i believe. This is all i could find off hand. But this is the exact same thing i did to mine to make it work without that warning coming up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_QnY2-DQh4

TLazaroe, all three cameras go to the Pioneer, there is a seperate switch with modes listed, OFF, L/T, B/U, R/T, SPLIT. I keep this switch in B/U all the time. the camera problem only occurs after I have had the coach in the shop and they shut off all power, I have had no problems in the past but this time cannot get camera to function in drive mode.

I have several other checks to make, if still have problem I will follow Wolfe and Hermans suggestions as RV Cam is only minutes from my home.

When the power is interupted to the Pioneer unit, it loses its memory of the rear camera. Go into setup - push the right main button and select av as backup camera.

Hope this helps. It is so simple but unless you know you will never find it. The manual is also obtuse.

I have solved the problem with my camera. I found a cd which came with the system, installed it and this allowed me to re-program the system. All is fine.

Thanks to all who responded.

RV Cams in Baton Rouge was the next step on my list.