Sign in to follow this  
drcsue

3M Invisible Mask

I just had the original 3M mask replaced on my 2005 Beaver coach. As many of you may know, this era of coaches had a lot of issues with the product. Remember, it is warranted for 5 years. If you need it or require replacement and are in Florida area, I highly recommend "Cool Runnings" in North Port, FL. Mark Miller is very detailed oriented and works very hard to get the best deal for the consumer. He did a superb job with my coach and the front end looks new again. Information for Mark is below:

1075 Innovation Avenue

Suite 108

North Port, FL 34289

Mark Miller Cool Runnings Protection 941-380-7899

Dennis

Guest BillAdams

Could you clarify a bit. The warranty would be long gone on a 2005 that was replaced in 2012. Were you able to get a warranty replacement and why did you have to replace the 3M coating that was not that old anyway? How long did this take and did they pull paint off while they were trying to remove the old stuff? Did your go yellow/hazed like I have seen with other installations?

Bill I don't know about drcue but on our coach (2002) the film is crazed and cracked. I have been able to remove just a very small spot so far. The paint under where I have removed the film is perfect. I am going to try a hair dryer to see if I can do it faster, and yes I will start on the very bottom to see if it works. Will post here one way or the other.

Bill and Herman,

I understand about the warranty question. This stuff started to go bad about 3 years ago. It cracks from behind and I had some black mildew, etc growing back there. It really depends on the coach manufacturer as far as the paint coming off. The paint shoud dry in warm temps to cure before the 3M is installed. This will minimize the removal of paint. Herman, if you are going to take this off yourself a hair dryer will not work. Buy yourself a heat gun. I know they used steam to get mine off, but I still lost some paint. It looks good now.

Dennis

I discovered that the clear plastic protective bra on my ’07 Winnebago was discoloring in spots that looked like rust. When I checked several RV forums on the internet for this problem I learned it was quite common but the members complained that they were not getting relief from manufacturers to their inquiries. In spite of the negative results on their part, I contacted Winnebago by email, and they had Dave Nagel of CDI, LLC, Forest City, IA, contact me.

He acknowledged that there was a problem and offered to correct it. He made me an offer that I thought was very generous considering the coach was out of warranty. Today I had the plastic film removed and new material installed. I am very happy with the service I got.

I want to publicly thank Dave Nagel, CDI, and Winnebago for standing behind their work. I highly recommend anyone doing business with these reputable firms.