Myhomeonwheels

Troubleshooting Intellitec Battery Disconnect Relay 01-00055-000

Problem with relay I think or Panel. I have the Intellitec 01-00066-003 BD3 switch panel and the Intellitec 01-00055-000 Battery disconnect relay.

Problem: switch will not turn chassis off coach works turns battery relay on and off but chassis does not so I tried an idea.I unhooked the wires that activate the switch the wires that are on front of relay (plus & negative that I think switch back and fourth) and I hooked them up opposite of how they are wired. Now the switch works turns reay on and off but switch is backwards off is on and on is off is this a bad relay? It won't work if I wire it back to the right way. Need help.

I have the wiring diagram. I am wondering if relay might be bad because when I switch the purple and gray wires it works its just that my monitor switch is backwards . Maybe I am not explaining it right and Friday when I called intellitec the man was a little well he just didn't act like he wanted to help to much. But I do thank you for responding to this and i will try something.

I accidentally placed one of my RV batteries in backward and blew the post off my new Autozone battery. I have replaced the battery and now realize my error. [/color]

However, the power is non-operational in my RV. I can still start the Onan generator and drive the vehicle BUT I can NOT reset the Battery Disconnect function to get the power back for the appliances and lights to work. Even if I plug into an electrical source at my home, I can not get the battery disconnect to engage and operate like it did prior to the battery incident. I know it has to be a blown jumper, fuse or circuit breaker....BUT don't know which one is damage or if the Battery Disconnect converter is damaged. When I try to engage the Battery Disconnect switch, I can hear it making a clicking noise at the front of the engine area, but nothing works. Before I take it to the RV Repair Center, I was hoping for some professional advise, as a courtesy.

It is a 1999 Georgie Boy "Pursuit"

Military RV Man.

Could you post the Year, Make and Model information of your coach. There are a number of different ways the circuits are wired.

Rich.

My RV is a 1999 Georgie Boy "Pursuit".

I was told it could be the BD Switch so I had a mechanic look at it before ordering a new switch. I am getting power to the BD switch, but it is NOT engaging and the red light isn't coming on. If I place my fuse checker on the circuit behind the switch, my meter will light up which indicate it has electricity flowing to it, along with the red light coming on.

All the evident after testing, points to a bad switch so I was able to order one for only $29 plus s/h. However for some strange reason if this doesn't fix the problem, I will order a new BD Relay.

James T.