Sign in to follow this  
MikeMarie

HWH Levelers For Jayco Melbourne 29D

| have no levelers on my Jayco Melbourne. Should I get HWH levelers installed or is there some other way that is better to ensure level and stable parking. Any advice would be appreciated.

Mike, Welcome to the Forum. HWH is an excelent company. Check out their web site and see what they have for your coach. You could give them a call and talk with their tech people

HWH Corp.

2096 Moscow Rd.

Moscow, IA

800-321-3494

www.hwhcorp.com

Good Luck

We have a Melbourne 29D and carry 4 2x10 treated boards a little larger than the tire footprint. Two under front tires if needed. Three on one side if needed and four under duals if needed. That works 99% of the time. We don't camp in places that are not fairly level if we can.

Thanks. I do the same for leveling the RV but my concern was really the stability of the unit when parked. I thought that the levelers would keep it from moving when people walk around or go from one side to the other. I currently have placed a couple of screw jacks under the rear frame but I just thought that there could be some other way to make the coach more stable when parked. In our former travel trailer we had crank down jacks on each of the corners and that kept it stable when parked.

I have a 2005 31' Four Winds. It rocked with every step the wife or I took. We went to HWH and had a set of hydraulic levelers installed at the factory. You can get the joy stick like I have or an automatic set up. The joy stick is very easy to operate from the drivers seat. They have about 5 or 6 camp sites at the factory for their customers. I am very happy with their product and services. The coach still moves a little but not like it did.

We have same coach and had BigFoot Levelers installed. Much less movement, easy to use. BigFoot is the company used by Jayco if you would order a coach with levelers from the factory. Took about 2.5 hours one morning at the factory, about 13 miles inside Michigan just north of Jayco factory. Found company easy to deal with, great response on questions and help. Glad we had them installed. Several options as to levelers and controls for them.

Levelers will give you a much more stable platform than boards under your tires. It is also much easier to select your parking spot and make that parking spot "home". If you spend much time in your RV you are absolutely going to want to have some form of automatic (semi-automatic) leveling. I know nothing of the brands, but you will find that there are several to select from.