rnareed@bellsouth.net

FMCA Michelin Advantage Program

I just took advantage of the new Michelin Advantage Program today, 1/30/12 and it is great. I shopped several tire dealers to get the best price that I could on Michelin tires. The best price that I could get was where I bought my tires. Before I moved forward with the deal I asked him to check into the FMCA Michelin Advantage Program for me which he did. We were both surprised how much it saved me. On six tires I saved $521. Definitely an excellent FMCA Benefit

Thanks

gsbogart123

Have to wonder what you are basing your statement on. Did you have a tire failure? Was your request for a replacement tire turned down? If so what reason was given?

Some seem to think that the tire companies should always just give away free tires whenever there is a failure but if the condition of the tire and evidence found during the inspection of the tire shows the failure was due to a puncture or impact or being run underinflated why should the tire company give the operator a free tire.

If you never change oil in your engine or don't bother to use antifreeze would you expect the engine mfg to give you a new engine when it fails?

:D I hope you enjoy those new tires. I have been using Michelin tires for the past 40 yrs on my motorcycles,sports cars and family vehicles. I just finished putting a second set of cross terrains on my Acura MDX, the first set lasted for 60,000 miles. Next week my motorhome will be going in for a new set of Michelin 295/80R/22.5 /XZA2 Energy tires. I trust the product and I think you will be glad you have them on your RV. I am a retired Firefighter and all of our fire apparatus have Michelin tires on them, good luck down the road. Smokeater75.

I agree with Roger-- the majority of tire failures are NOT due to material or workmanship issues.

This is particularly true of the smaller tire sizes (i.e. 235 and 255/80R22.5), since these sizes have lower carrying capacity than larger tires, so they are much more frequently overloaded and/or run underinflated. They were generally chosen to save the chassis maker a few bucks, NOT because they were the best choice.

BTW, our coach has over 158,000 miles, all on Michelin tires without a single failure. But, I have seen coaches weighing 8,000 pounds more on the same tires!

Brett

On Jan. 4, 2012, while in Indio, Ca, we noticed we had splits in our RV tires (had to replace 2 last year for the same problem), so we found a Michelin Dealer in Coachchilla, Pete's Automotive. We spoke with the asst. manager and inquired about replacing the back four tires. After telling him our plans, he suggested we get the tires in Indio at the FMCA Rally as the company was offering some "great deals." We said we were not comfortable in driving on the tires any further in the condition they were, plus the RV Show did not begin until the week after we were leaving. On Jan. 9th, we purchased four Michelin tires for the sum of $581.62 each, not counting taxes and mounting. When given the price, we asked if that was the best price they could do as we had purchased two Michelin tires less than a year before at the price of $518.82 each. He said that was their best price. However, when arriving in Yuma, Az on the 14th of Jan., we were informed by an FMCA member that we could have gotten a much better deal with the Michelin Advantage Program offered by FMCA. As it was Saturday when we arrived in Yuma, we waited until Monday, Jan. 16th to contact the business to inquire about getting the better price using FMCA's Michelin Advantage Program. Inasmuch as it had only been one week, and we learned the business was giving the MAP price at the Indio FMCA Rally, we felt it would not be a big problem to use the program and get the FMCA Michelin Advantage Program price. We spoke with the asst. manager when on Jan. 16th, and he said he would e-mail his corporation regarding getting the ADVANTAGE PRICE . Not hearing back, we contaced him again on the 19th. He said they had been busy with the Indio FMCA Rally and he had not heard back. He said he would send a follow up e mail. Not hearing back from him in over a week, we again called on Jan. 30th. He said corporation would not honor the Michelin Advantage Program. He also said that he was not aware of the FMCA Michelin Advantage Program until the FMCA Indio rally. Why, if Pete's Automotive is listed as giving the Michelin Advantage Program price, would they not honor the Program. We have been loyal FMCA members since 1997 and are hopeful that perhaps FMCA or Michelin Tires can assist us in this matter. The cost for the tires was put on a Visa credit card.

Ray & Linda Arnold

FMCA #222108

I really needed new steering tires for my Coach now in 295/80r/22.5 size before we head off from Florida to the Canadian Maritimes and back this summer for 3.5 months on the road in the Coach.

I checked out the FMCA Michelin tire program in earnest to buy, but discovered there were no tires to be had until later in the summer after I would be gone. $832/tire mounted, balanced, and on the ground, but none to be had.

I then went to Camping World and found the similar Goodyear 670RV tires in 295/80r/22.5 size in stock and 4/14 manufacture as well for $799 mounted, balanced, and on the ground out the door. These same Goodyear 670RV tires are what came on the Coach from Monaco when it was brand new.

Next, I will need 4 more rear axle tires next fall or spring as those are worn down as well and need replacing. Can anyone tell me why then I should go back into the FMCA tire program and buy the slightly more expensive Michelins at that time please ?????

David

This question fits right in with "Why should I buy a Ford over a Chevy?", or "Why should I vote for a Republican over a Democrat?", or "Why should I marry a redhead over a brunette?" - you'll get everything from reasoned responses to emotional outcries - in the end whichever one you prefer will be the right choice for you.

When I first read the instructions for using the Michelin Advantage Program I thought it would be a little complicated to wade through, but that was not the case. It was a breeze and the tires provide a great ride.