akadeadeye

Uneven Tire Tread Wear on Tow Dolly

Someone told me trailer tires are not typically balanced when you buy a trailer. My tires did not have balancing lead on the wheels when I bought the tow dolly new.

Now, after 10,000 miles, there is noticeable uneven tire wear on each tire. I have been good keeping them inflated at the correct pressure (50psi). Is this problem a balancing issue only or is there something going on with the tow dolly?

Don

Don, The only alignment for the toe dolly would toe in. You might take the dolly to a shop and have them check to see if it might be toed in or out too much. Also, and this is just me but I have always balanced the tires on every thing I drive or pull down the Highway. Like chicken soup for a dead man "it may not help but it couldn't hurt."

Possible. But I feel that you have a balance or alignment problem. Try towing the dolly behind your car or truck and have some one follow you. Have them look for extreme bouncing or wandering. Bounce=balance. Wandering=alignment.

You can check the bearing by lifting each side one at a time and spin the wheel and see if you can hear or feel any roughness. then put your hands at the top of the wheel and see if it is is loose. That would mean you have a bearing going out.