F337284

Towing 2012 Ford Focus

So glad to find this topic on the Ford Focus in regards to the breakaway from a brake buddy. How about using a wire from the disconnected battery in the car, and just run it to one of the disconnected 12volt plugs in the car. Then they are the only 12 volts in the car and should not be able to feed back anything. That way the breakway could work and the breakbuddy is powered. Of course that's after pulling the 12 volt cables from the battery. Your just using the onboard battery for the breakbuddy. I will be setting up my 2014 in the spring and love finding out all the stuff everyone post.

I will use the Roadmaster kit.

Thanks,

Bob

Last post was great, made a lot of sense and now I may feel better about towing it. I will take the time to remove the plus wire, and some how may make a Neg cut or switch also so the battery is 100% out. also like the wiring notes. bob

Acalex,  thank you for your post on towing the Focus. I was very helpful. It is amazing how little support we received from Ford.  It was amazing how little they knew about the computer towing software for the tranny. We just came back from the RV dealership towing our Focus and everything went fine. We will be starting our cross country trip next week.  

Bob V

4 hours ago, bobv said:

Acalex,  thank you for your post on towing the Focus. I was very helpful. It is amazing how little support we received from Ford.  It was amazing how little they knew about the computer towing software for the tranny. We just came back from the RV dealership towing our Focus and everything went fine. We will be starting our cross country trip next week.  

Bob V

Welcome to the forum. Just make sure you follow the instructions on getting ready to tow. Where are you headed?  Happy Thanksgiving!

Bill