cdfendley

In-motion Satellite + Stationary Automatic Satellite

Has anyone mounted both a stationary Wineguard HD automatic satellite and an in-motion dome?

I recently purchased an '09 Damon Astoria and the previous owner had installed the nice Wineguard slim-line HD dish; however, since we travel with our two small children, it was preferable to have TV "on the go". I am wondering if I can install both, since the other dish provides both an HD signal (which the in-motion does not) and it has more than two video feeds so I can have seperate receivers for the main cabin TV, bedroom, and outside. Also, wondering if anyone has had any experience with installing a mount that would allow you to watch the mid-ship television with the slide pulled in.

Guest BillAdams

Yes, many RVers have both an in-motion dome and a stationary antenna. It's not hard to do but you will need to run all new cables and insert an A/B switch (or 2) in the system. You will also have to change the receiver setup each time you change between the 2 inputs. This is easier done with DirecTV but it can be done with Dish Network as well.

The other thought, however, would be to install a DVR in your coach and record a bunch of programming for the kids that you could watch while driving or you could install a DVD and put together a collection of programming. Be sure that whatever TV you use while driving is not visible to the driver as this would be illegal to use while underway.

Thank you for the reply. I thought it could be done, but the dealer that I bought it from looked at me like I was from Mars when I asked.

One more thing- I obviously cannot see the midship TV while in motion, however, my wife would like to be able to sit on sofa and watch her news as we travel down the road. I have been looking at some mounts that would bring the TV out from behind the slide while traveling, but don't really want to "re-invent the wheel" if anyone has sucessfully done so already.

Guest BillAdams

Are there seat belts available at that location? If not, you really don't want anyone sitting there.