Sign in to follow this  
-Gramps-

Great Eastern Area Rally 2009

The Gear rally was a lot of fun. Other than a couple days of rain which in my opinion was better than the heat like we had last year, the rally went pretty well. It was smaller than last year, not as many vendors or attendees, but still it seemed everyone involved had a good time. My wife was the star of the beanbag baseball tourney with 3 home runs and 3 triples. I, in a word, stunk at the game. But I did place third in the great grill off. I spent quite a bit of time in the Workhorse PR booth answering questions about my UFO and discussing the Navistar purchase of Monaco and the new company now out of the starting gate. I for one look forward to what this new Monaco will be doing in the near future. So that is a quickie review of the rally. I will try to post a few pics that my wife took soon.

The Grill off:

I was the only one cooking on charcoal. I used my new portable Chargriller ie smokebox and found myself up against four gassers. I took third place in a hard fought hot contest with my Greek Angus Burgers with Grilled Eggplant slices topped with Fresh Tomato under melted Mozzarella, and Parmeson cheese on the side. The Burgers were actually Feta Cheese Burgers served on a bed of fresh baby spinach leaves, topped with melted Feta cheese of course, fresh cucumber slices and served on a thin toasted multigrain sandwich bun covered with a generous slather of Tzatziki sauce which is plain yogurt, blended with cucumber, lots of garlic, and dill. They were quite good. I got beat by a very elaborate chicken and shrimp kabob entry.

Can't win em all.

Pictures from the Great Eastern Area Rally 2009

grill%20off%201.jpg

grill%20off%202.jpg

grill%20off%203.jpg

DSC01288.jpg

grill%20off-apron.JPG

Guest felixp

That's a great looking burger!!! I might have to borrow your recipe.