Sign in to follow this  
lebjdixon

Chrome Mirror Covers

Does anyone know if you can buy those chrome snap on mirror covers anywhere? Our mirrors are black and faded and chrome would cover would look nice, its for a 98 Holiday Rambler, thanks Brenda

Brenda, I am not sure they make snap on covers. And I don't think you want to go to the expense of changing out your mirrors.($$$)

Have you considered having them painted? If yours are metal and not plastic you can have them powder coated. That is a really tough coating.

However you could check RVsalvage locations to see if they might have chrome mirrors for your coach.

Thanks Herman for the info-- your right, don't really want the expense of new ones, just wanted to improve the looks somehow, just wondering if there's a way, that we could do a "do it yourself" way. Will keep on researching, and may consider on painting, and yes they are metal.

Brenda, your welcome. Since your mirrors have metal covers you should be able to lightly sand and refinish them. Be sure to apply a clear coat to help keep the new finish looking good.

The mirrors (manufactured by Velvac) on my motorhome were painted a flat-black color and the heads were of a plastic-type material. I asked around at auto paint shops for an estimate and each time it was in excess of $200. A local paint shop matched the color, put the paint in a rattle-can, and along with another can of clear-coat, I repainted them myself for less than $50. They look "factory fresh" -_- and I spent the rest on my toys!