Sign in to follow this  
hark582

BatteryMINDer

Has anyone used the BatteryMINDer to charge their house batteries? How effective is it? Must you remove the batteries from the coach in order to charge them? Please advise. Thanks!

They work great, I just hook it up and leave it for a week or so and then move it on to other batteries in my other equipmemt. I try to leave the battery minder on all of my batteries for at least a week before moving on to another piece of equipment in storage. Pickup, Lawn Tractor etc.

I use two BatteryMinders. I permanently mounted a BatteryMinder for the Starter Battery. Whenever the Generator runs or when connected to Shore Power, the BatteryMinder keeps a charge to my Starter Battery. Until I did this, I was constantly having to charge my battery because of a Phantom discharge that I could not find. I also have one for the House Batteries. Been using these for over a year without incident.

Hark582,

The Battery Minder will do more than maintain a battery. The Battery Minder has a desulfation mode. This is a high frequency pulsation tuned to the resonant energy of lead sulfate. This energy keeps sulfation from occuring and, with time, breaks down sufate crystals that may already be present. A weak battery will slowly be restored. In my case my 2005 engine battery was down to only 30% charge. With the Battery Minder it ultimately recovered to greater than 90% and by "equalizing" the cells recovered to nearly 100%... and still is in use today.

It is not necessary to disconnect your battery. Just the opposite. Leave the Battery Minder connected at all times if you wish. That way whenever you have 120v power, you maintain the engine battery. The only caveat is that the Battery Minder uses a small current and should be disconnected for storage.

**** from FL

I used them 2 years ago all winter in Canada and when tryed them every thing was good as a matter of fact I have them on the engine batteries right now. Hope this helps.

How do you connect a Battery Minder into your system for your house batteries? I have a Parallax Power Center Converter/Charger. All my 12v goes through that, (I think). Would it be possible to integrate a Battery Minder into that type of system? How could I connect it so that it is charging the batteries and not my converter, but yet still allow the batteries to supply power into the Power Center to power the rest of the 12v system.

Or, would I be better off just running an extension and connecting the Battery Minder to my batteries whenever the coach is parked along side my house and not in use? We mostly use the RV for long weekend trips, every 4 to 8 weeks, along with a couple 2 week trips a year.

I have a different use for the battery minder. When we travel for the winter, I use the battery minder on the car we leave behind rather than disconnecting the battery. When we come home in the spring, the car starts instantly, the clock and radio settings are maintained, and the battery didn't freeze (that could be a problem in Minnesota).

I ordered one, the 12v model that can handle flooded or AGM, with desulfation. I plan to put it on the house batteries for a week, then move it to the engine battery for a week, then probably my rider mower. (doing this whenever we are at home, not out on the road).

I have also ordered a smart converter/charger to upgrade the main unit in the RV, so that will handle the house batteries, after I get it and get that installed.