3Bears

Any NJ shore point campground suggestions?

We're trying to take a weekend this month to go to the Jersey Shore with friends who aren't campers who may possibly be staying at a motel instead of with us in the RV. We are looking for a campground that is close to a shore point that has a boardwalk and amusements as we both have small children. Does anyone know of a nice family-oriented campground in the Seaside Heights, Point Pleasant area? We are not really shore people so we don't know of any. We usually camp in the wilderness. Other points in NJ are not out of the question. We just don't know where they are. We will be traveling from the Poconos in Pennsylvania. Thanks.

I looked in the FMCA Business Directory (June issue) and did not find a campground in that area. I did Google the local Chamber of Commerce in Point Pleasant Beach and here is the address and phone number: 517A Arnold Avenue

Pt. Pleasant Beach, NJ 1-888-PPBFUN2 (772-3862). Perhaps they would be better to answer your questions. Hope this helps.

I looked in the FMCA Business Directory (June issue) and did not find a campground in that area. I did Google the local Chamber of Commerce in Point Pleasant Beach and here is the address and phone number: 517A Arnold Avenue

Pt. Pleasant Beach, NJ 1-888-PPBFUN2 (772-3862). Perhaps they would be better to answer your questions. Hope this helps.

thanks for your help. I did call the Chamber of Commerce who gave me 3 campgrounds and a 4th that is 40 minutes away from a beach. I am open to any shore point idea from the northern tip of NJ to the southern tip as I figure it may take about 4 1/2 - 5 hours to get to the Cape May point and if we leave early enough on a Friday, that should give us a nice weekend and some time to get home after checkout.

thanks for your help. I did call the Chamber of Commerce who gave me 3 campgrounds and a 4th that is 40 minutes away from a beach. I am open to any shore point idea from the northern tip of NJ to the southern tip as I figure it may take about 4 1/2 - 5 hours to get to the Cape May point and if we leave early enough on a Friday, that should give us a nice weekend and some time to get home after checkout.