Sign in to follow this  
planocat

Any History On Continental HSR2 SA Tires

Pricing 6 new tires and my traditional brand (Michelin) is out of my price range. Anyone with experience on the Continental HSR2 SA tires?

Size is 275 80 R 22.5

Out the door prices:

Michelin $4845 G load range

Toyo $3450 G load range

Continental $2992

The Continentals above are H load range, all position with a load rating of 7160 single and 6610 dual at 120 psi.

I did read somewhere that some manufacturers are starting to use Continentals.

All responses appreciated.

Welcome to the FMCA Forums. I am in the same situation as far as looking to replace 6 tires in the same size as yours. I was going to check the Michelin Advantage Program through FMCA for pricing. After reading your post, I started looking at the Continental website. It appears that there are several dealers in my area of Central Texas - many are TA (Trucks America).

I am going to request a price quote. I also have a price quote pending from a Toyo dealer. I would be very interested in hearing any comments concerning the Continental tires.

I used these continetal tires on a fleet of 8 fire apparatus, they serviced us well in an urban suburban area. I would not hesitate on using them on my coach.

If you have a Tire Discounter Store in your area or go to their web site you might want to check them out for prices. I also need 6 tires for my motorhome size 245x70R19.5 and they gave me a price for Michelin XZE Highway LR H at $444.95 which included balancing etc plus front end alignment, if your coach is such where they can get their equipment on the wheels. I also priced Gateway Tire and Service for Toyo M143 LR H at $373.25 each. Hope this help some.