rcgoss

A New Name for Family Motor Coach Association?

Chris, as the real estate folks say, Location, Location, Loaction. You need a place that can accomidate 3 to 4,000 coaches. Plus there are some of our states that have crazy laws about Manufactures Territories. My home state of Texas for one.

One thing we all can do is recruit new members. Every time we park in a RV Park I will visit with folks and talk up FMCA. Some people with RVs don't have any idea that FMCA exist.

Spread the Word.

Guest BillAdams

Spread the word? Isn't that FMCA's job? Why are there not discount flyers in every RV park in the Country and the RV park paid a commission for signing up new members? Is FMCA represented at every Good Sam rally and are they giving away old FMCA issues along with a discount coupon for $10 off your first years membership? Is there a coupon being given to every purchaser of every motorhome everywhere for $10 off the first years membership or buy 4 and get the 5th free? Something? Anything?

If so, I have not seen them or even heard about them. What is FMCA doing to pro-actively recruit new members other than asking existing members to do it for them? That's not meant to be sarcasm (since it sounded like it after I typed it) but rather an actual question. What is FMCA doing?

In the Northeast Area we have one of the best Area Rallies anywhere. If you look at the activities listed on our Registration form you willl find many new and exciting events that are geared to attracting new members in fact this only being February and our Rally is July 19-22 we already have several members registered and also several vendors and yes we are inviting towables and they will be parked without discrimination as they come in.

The apathy that I was speaking to was not the attendance at chapter events or rally events it was to the willingness in many cases to serve in chapter offices and give input as to how to make FMCA better. I am fortunate to have one of the best Area Executive Boards anyone could ask for and I certainly have a great group of volunteers. My area has the same problem that other areas does, chapters failing due to lack of officers . All of the Area VP's get out and travel to area meetings and events as much as possible. Sometime ask any Area VP or National Officer how much it has cost them out of their own pockets to do their job you may be surprised-- it is not a small amount.

Paul DuBois