Sign in to follow this  
bairman

Fusion/Escape Remco Pumps

Back in June 2011 I started posting about the three transmission failures I had with our new 2011 Fusion.

Ford went out of their way to solve our problems including installing a Remco pump last October.

On our first trip out in December the pump failed just 50 miles from home. We returned our toad to the dealer and he said he had never seen a total failure like this in years of installing Remco's. They requested a new pump from Remco and one was sent two weeks later. In the mean time I attended a RV show and Remco had a booth there and we discussed the issues I had with there pump.

They informed me that they had just completed a new design with a new valve body with assistance from Ford and that it would be available in about 60 days. He said that Ford would be offering the pump under the Ford name later this year.

He also said that they were starting to work with GM for the Cruz and Malibu because they are the same transmission as Ford.

This is very interesting! I presently have a Fusion sitting in my garage in Michigan and went through, I think, basically the same problems you did following its purchase. I also purchased a Remco, had it installed and had a problem with it also within about 50 miles. Since then I have removed all of my towing equipment and have planned to sell the vehicle and purchase something else. Has the new pump solved the problem for you? Also did your Ford dealer take care of the installation etc. of one or both pumps?

Dwain