golfgirl13

FMCA's Trip Planning

I was disappointed to see that this "benefit" is not more advanced....of course, until you pay your fee and then get to look at the members benefit page you don't really know what you are getting. ....to offer something that will be sent in the mail in a week or two is just not a benefit. It sounds a lot like the "triptik" of old from the AAA. To be honest, I would not have spent $50 to join the FMCA if I had really understood what I was getting. Right now the only benefit I can see is an occasional 10% discount on campground fees if and when I happen to use one that is a FMCA Commercial member.

As for Costco, we are already members and the 2 cent per gallon discount at Pilot is not worth the hastle. If I had know what I was getting I would not have spent the $50.

The FMCA trip routing does not require you to wait to receive your route. I personally have used it several times and received my route within 5 minutes through email. I consider the magazine to be an excellent benefit, as well as just associating with a group through one or more of the chapters. The national and area rallies are well worth the effort to attend for seminars, vendors and new coaches to tour. I have not used the Michelin tire program but have talked to others who believe that they received their tires at a substantial savings.

There are two options to get your trip routing. If you only put your mailing address on the right side of the screen you will get your route in 7-10 days in the mail. You can also put your email address in the box below and you will receive an email shortly after you enter your request. It will come as an email in a PDF file. Because of the size it may go into your spam or junk folder, so check there if you dont see the request in your in box.

I hope this helps.

discus277,

Sorry for your dissatisfaction with your membership. With the number, since 1963, approaching one half million there must be something being offered that is keeping them members. Yes, age, deaths and the economy has reduced the active numbers to close to 90,000. Once a number has been issued it can only be reactivated by a family member, such as a daughter, son, grand daughter or grand son.

May I ask-- have you visited or joined a Chapter? Have you been to one of the National Family Reunions (Rally)? There is so much more then just Trip Planning, There is the Michelin Tire Program saving members thousands of dollars. There are members out there that if you have a problem will drive your coach back to your home. They will invite you to drop by when in their area.

But last but not least you have the opportunity to make life long friends.

I hope you reconsider and renew your membership in the future.

Herman

Does the online map feature contain a listing of FMCA camping site along the requested route? It lists points of interest and hotels, but no camping sites, or am I overlooking a box to click?