Sign in to follow this  
MikeMarie

Screw covers for Dinette on 2008 Jayco Melbourne

We recently bought a 2008 Jayco Melbourne 29D and after we got it home and were putting things away we noticed that one of the screw covers on the dinette was missing. I contacted Jayco and they told me to contact a Jayco dealer to get the cover. I contacted two dealers in southern Florida. One told me that I should go directly to Jayco and the other didn't even respond to my request. Does anyone know where I can get a screw cover for the dinette. I re-contacted Jayco with the response from their dealers but have heard nothing from them. We love this motor home and a missing screw cover is not a big deal but I find it somewhat like walking with a stone in your shoe, you are the only one that knows that you have it but it irritates you all the same. Thanks...

Just a note to let everyone know what I did. I contacted Jayco and told them of my dilemma. OK, it wasn't really a dilemma but a missing screw cover was a pain for us even if nobody else could see it. I asked them to send me a couple of covers, one to replace the missing one and a spare. At first they suggested that I go to a Jayco dealer and get it from them. When I tried a couple of dealers in Florida, they were reluctant to order the covers since it was such a minor thing. One suggested that they could order the covers but the shipping would cost more than the covers. I contacted Jayco, told them what the dealers had said and within a few days they sent the covers to me at no charge. In fact, they sent them to the resort at which I was staying in Florida (The Glades) via UPS. Since I had moved on by the time that they arrived, the Glades were good enough to Fedex them to me in South Carolina again at no charge. I just want to complement both Jayco and The Glades for their excellent service support. In my mind, if Jayco will take the time to handle a very minor annoyance like our missing screw cover, then I have no doubt that their support to a larger problem will be as good. There is no guarantee that we will ever be back to The Glades RV Resort in Moore Haven, FL but still they took the time and expense of Fedexing the covers to me. Kudos to them.

I have found that Bill Plemmons in Winston Salem, NC (Rural Hall) to be a good Jayco dealer for parts and service and will keep you posted on progress.

Paul