Whoachubby

Best Places for RV Tires And Alignment

Bill, I am not too sure how far it is to Oregon from San Jose, but if each tire cost $400.00 each or $2,400.00 for a set of 6 your Tax would be $198.00. How much would you save by traveling that far? You would need to purchase fuel $$, Parking $$, and , meals $$. Fuel at $4.00 per gallon two nights in RV Parks $35.00 per night.

However if you were going to go to Oregon and further up the coast for a vacation trip then it might be worth it. By the way how much is the Tax in Oregon?

Not trying to be a smartalic, just trying to save you some money.

Good luck.

No sales tax in Oregon, I usually plan my large purchases to be done in Oregon, such a tires, tvs. etc.

If you are coming to Texas, the Michelin plan is at lots of places, in Fort Worth,TX, Loves truck center on 1-35 south has the plan and in Amarillo,TX, where I will be getting new tires put on has the plan, Broadway tire, on bell street--just two of many. sea ya

Go to FMCA.com and select the Join FMCA tab and select Member Benefits then select the Connections on the list. Mechelin will show. Within that information there will be a link to the Mechelin web site. Do a search for dealers that will honor the FMCA discount. Not all locations that sell Mechelin tires are Mechelin dealers. Call or go to the dealer to order your tires. I would let them know that you will not accept tires older than 10 to 13 weeks before the date of installation.

Hi all - I am a newbie to motorhome and have joined this association. My wife and I are looking to explore. I really appreciate all I have seen and this is my very first posting (I know you will be nice and tolerant of a rookie :))

I bought a used Winnebago Via (on a MB Sprinter 3500 chassis with dual rear wheels) with about 12000 miles. Like others, I found the swaying(wind gusts, big rigs) and bouncing a little "white knuckle" and NOT enjoyable. I bought some shocks, struts (Bilstein) and a replacement sway bar. Naturally, the "local" MB Sprinter dealers only want to install OEM parts. A Camping World (over 2 hours away) said they would install, but am still waiting (4 vm and 2 emails later). I found a place in GA about 4 hours away that will install. They state that with replacing the front struts I should have a alignment. They quoted $250. Not having a motorhome before, just pickups and SUV, I was wondering why these alignments were so much more.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Hi all - I am a newbie to motorhome and have joined this association. My wife and I are looking to explore. I really appreciate all I have seen and this is my very first posting (I know you will be nice and tolerant of a rookie :))

I bought a used Winnebago Via (on a MB Sprinter 3500 chassis with dual rear wheels) with about 12000 miles. Like others, I found the swaying(wind gusts, big rigs) and bouncing a little "white knuckle" and NOT enjoyable. I bought some shocks, struts (Bilstein) and a replacement sway bar. Naturally, the "local" MB Sprinter dealers only want to install OEM parts. A Camping World (over 2 hours away) said they would install, but am still waiting (4 vm and 2 emails later). I found a place in GA about 4 hours away that will install. They state that with replacing the front struts I should have a alignment. They quoted $250. Not having a motorhome before, just pickups and SUV, I was wondering why these alignments were so much more.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

When I bought my Coachmen Class-C I discovered the front was out of align from the factory. I used the old Internet search for "truck alignment". Even though it is on a Chevy C3500 chassis the whole thing is a bit too big for the local Chevy dealer to handle. Found a local "Heavy Duty Truck Alignment" shop and they quickly got the front end fixed. Now being a Chevy that make is pretty standard for them MB may not be so easy so I would spend some time talking with the shop first.

On 2/15/2012 at 0:26 PM, bebop said:

I am due for new tires. only 14K miles but out of date. Calif sales tax is 8.5 % so thinking of going to Oregon to buy tires, and save sales tax and maybe a gouging factor too.

A couple years ago at about 8 or 9000 miles I noted Pass side front wearing on outside. I took it to alignment shop and they changed toe in by 3/8 inch, advising that would end the wear problem. I just made three trips inc last summer and now have 14,000 miles. I looked at the front tires. Driver side is normal and pass side is way worse. What now??

Please advise any tires shops in Oregon on or near the I - 5 corridor. Web page or email would be really helpful.

Thanks to all. Learned quite a lot on this site today. Good solid info. Thanks for the wear chart and advise about repairs related to it. Thanks for any Oregon INFO. Tires are Goodyear 19 inch originals. Coach is class A workhorse W 22. 33 foot. Bebop Bill

Good tire shop in Roseburg Oregon. Honors FMCA discount.  Then Hendersons in Grants Pass for an alignment