FARNOW

Extended Service Contracts

I cannot find a thread anywhere else, but if there's already one, I apologize. What are the best companies out there at the moment and which should I avoid?

We have used Good Sam on last 3 coach's. As long as we make sure any repairs are called in first, they have accepted if covered. Haven't had to use very often but have replaced, microwave,a/c with heat pump, radiator, hot-water tank, reefer, and steps. Think I have come out even but never miss a nap over repairs.

There are many thoughts on this issue. I have picked up extended service on my coaches, because they have all been used. I try real hard to look them over and try to check and make sure things work. After a year or two I often drop the plans if there are no recalls, coach or chassis issues.

I prefer to have control over who repairs or replaces items that I can not do myself. And if I have been real good about putting some money into my "if it breaks" account. I kind of go it alone.

The need to have all the paperwork and records for the claims can be overwhelming.

You have to be comfortable with the decision you make.

R.M.

We are in the process of upgraded from a 2007 to a 2011 used Class C. I have been researching various extended warranty plans. I have narrowed it down to two, Performance Care Motor Home Service Contract and Good Sam's. Does anyone have experience with the Performance Care? Thanks, Ken and Nancy

Boy do I have a reply for you all! I purchased a warranty from "GO RV Network" in 2008. Paid in full for the 7 year or 70,000 mile policy with my credit card. Long sad story made short. They never processed the paperwork or forwarded the money to the insurance company; Interstate National Dealer Services, Inc. We had a failure in 2011, and were told it wasn't covered, another failure in 2012, again, not covered. Never told us that the policy was no good. Then a big failure last month, and WHAM what a shock. The insurance company sent us back to the broker, and thats when we found out! After a big to do, they refunded our policy amount, but refused to cover the repairs which were 3 times the cost of the policy. THEY ARE CROOKS! and yes, they are still on the internet selling policies. What ever you do be aware of who you are buying a policy from, and the rating of the insurance company. Verify that the insurance policy is ligit! Now, since we have had good policies before, I will be looking for another. But I was on my own with this recent repair. Buyer beware!

I bought a service agreement with Wholesale Warranties.Net.....Never had any problems with claims..Nice people to deal with..Very happy with them..Just remember to call them to get a claim number before you have work done...no records needed..Got 50 dollar deductable...Covers everything...and I mean everthing!!

We are also looking for an extended warranty for our motorcoach.

Trying to decide between, X-Ride, Cornerstone, and Allegiance.

Anyone have some thoughts or advise for us?

I go Monday for Cornerstone. I have a $250.00 deductible.

I will say that whatever contract you sign to ask for a pdf, email, or hard copy of all the fine print and stipulations.

Knowing I may have to use this service, I called last week and had them email me my contract. I signed a one page contract and was sent 6-7 pages of fine print in this email outline in greater detail what I bought.

My issue this time will be covered thankfully, at least from what I have read.

I will post about my experience once I leave the dealer.

Purchasing a Good Sam ESP was the singular worst decision I've made since starting RV'ing. They went to great lengths to deny one minor claim, have ignored my complaint against them through the Better Business Bureau. I'd strongly recommend against choosing them.

Writeup in iRV2 forum.

Good afternoon,

A week later than I thought I'd post about the extended service contract.

Cornerstone was great. They replaced my inverter/charger. I paid my deductible and I am running full blast with a well working electrical system in my coach.

Be sure to get any pdf file with greater explanation of what the benefits are and take an hour and read over them.

This really helped me to be more aware and knowledgeable about what would be covered.

I would like to add that Good Sam has been frustrating to work with on several calls I have used them for.

I feel like the old lady in line at Wendy's instead of the beef asking"Where's the clarity and service"

I will not be renewing my roadside assistance with Good Sam.

Ask questions up front about what the service really looks like.

I bought a service agreement with Wholesale Warranties.Net.....Never had any problems with claims..Nice people to deal with..Very happy with them..Just remember to call them to get a claim number before you have work done...no records needed..Got 50 dollar deductable...Covers everything...and I mean everthing!!

Henry, glad to hear this, I bought my used coach in April and after a month of comparing various plans and companies, I also went with Wholesale Warranties.net. Good to hear I probably made a good choice. I have the 100 deductible, but I can live with that as long as the major things are covered. My warranty with them is their top, (nearly bumper-to-bumper).

QuigonJohn...I really like this CO. I've had several others in the past and none of them compare to Wholesale in service, I think the price was great, compared with whats out there.. Let me no how they treat you in the future..Good talking to you!!.

Henry, glad to hear this....... I also went with Wholesale Warranties.net.... I have the 100 deductible.... My warranty with them is their top, (nearly bumper-to-bumper).

QuigonJohn...I really like this CO. I've had several others in the past and none of them compare to Wholesale in service, I think the price was great, compared with whats out there.. Let me no how they treat you in the future..Good talking to you!!.

Henry, QuigonJohn, and everyone else..... I've noted your comments on this subject, and read a lot of threads. I'm new to large motorhomes, new to fulltiming, and I need advice. I''m just buying a 2002 Dutch Star 40DP, and I'm leaning very strongly toward Wholesale Warranties. Been speaking with Daniel there, and I like what I've heard, except the price. He's quoting about $4600 for four years ($100 ded exclusionary), and that seems very high based on what I've read here and elsewhere. I know it will vary some with the age and manufacturer of the coach, but how does it compare with your rates? Thanks for your help!

jfxg48,

Something doesn't sound right...I paid 2600 for 7 yrs or 70k miles at 50$ deductible. Now I didn't get motor coverage or Trans.cause of the factory warranty, but generator was covered. Tires were also covered. I guess what I'm trying to say is everything is covered at 50$ ded.(except motor and trans) bumper to bumper!

I'm sure the coach years has something to do with it. Mine is a 2011 Monaco 40 d/p..Let me no what you find out...Seems a little high to me!!

BUTCH

I have used Good Sam for years and have had several claims. Most times there was no problem but did have a couple where they didn't cover where I thought they should and had some fisty cuffs on others. However, the bottom line is that every year we are way ahead by having their service. This month they have included wear and tear on their coverage which is a biggie.

I have a 2012 Tiffin Phaeton 40 foot D/P....I have had it about 10 months now and about a month or so ago I purchased a service agreement through XtraRide...I purchased this through the dealer that I bought my coach from.

I haven't had to use it yet, thankfully. It is a 5 year term with $200 deductible.The Dealer is the one who directed me toward this plan and I also checked with my Insurance Broker who is an RV owner for any recommendations.

I know I am a little late for the main part of this discussion. June 2nd this year (2012) we had a major engine failure. We contacted Choice Warranty, our extended warranty company. They demanded to see all our maintenance records since we purchased our motorhome. We provided them with the information and it clearly showed that we had properly maintained it. Then the circus began. They then required our mechanic to provide them with the same information, then required photos of all parts, then required an inspector to visit, then required more photos of the same thing, then required a second opinion from a machine shop, then required an inspector to visit. This all took over two months. We didn't get any resolution until the second week of August(!!!!). They approved a used engine. When our mechanic received the used engine it had apparently been out in the weather as it was rusty. We are still waiting to get our RV back. By the way this engine has a whole 30 day warranty on it and our extended warranty expired the first of November. Now it's too late for me to travel as I teach school and have to be back in the classroom next week. This company tied up our motor home for the entire summer. I would advise anyone considering a extended warrranty company to avoid Choice Warranty!

A C C Warranty Services, one of the vendors at FMCA Reunion/Rally in Indianapolis, IN:

anyone have this company for their Extended Warranty?

The address of the newly expanded offices and headquarters is:

ACC Warranty Services Group -8888 Keystone Crossing 13th Floor

Indianapolis, IN 46240

Toll Free.(888) 299-9888

Can't find any info for them under Better Business Bureau.

I too am slow to respond. We've had Good Sam extended warranty since we bought our used motorhome almost 3 years ago. They've paid some rather large claims for us, including $3000+ just a few weeks ago. Yes, they did ask us for our maintance information for the past 2 years, which we did have & there was no problem. They are rather expensive, but for us the cost has been worth the price.

We need to purchase a renewal of our Ext. Warranty. We had an original 4-year plan from a dealer and then purchased a one year plan from Good Sam. The latter was expensive, comparably, and will not provide more than a one year plan going forward.

Some research turned up ACC Warranty Service (ACCWS), but I never heard of them and cannot find much about them. Its literature is impressive, but we have no detailed info (trying!) We do not want to get caught in some kind of scam.

Anybody have any knowledge of them??? Any thoughts with others. Your thoughts about multi-year plans??

Finally, thoughts about deductibles (Good Sam is high)??

OnlyPeter

Just to add to this, we to have a policy (purchased in October 2010 - $3,700.00) with Go RV - after a repair that was supposedly covered by our warranty, we found that our policy had been 'cancelled' with Allegiance - probably never activated!! I contacted Jason at Go RV - he says just a clerical / administrative error - to go ahead and submit claim to Allegiance and we would be reimbursed.

We did as instructed, and now, after several attempts to contact them, their phone lines are dead - I am wondering how you were able to contact them, and how you got your money back?

Thank you.

Looking to purchase an extended warranty policy for 06 DSDP. Has anyone heard of or had any experience with N Compass RV extended service contracts

administrated by Premier Dealer Services, a subsidy of Great American Insurance Group?

I have a quote of $1249/year for 4 year contract. GS wants $3497 for one year contract.

Coverage appears to be the same.

When I acquired my coach, 4 years ago next March, the dealer sold me for 1/2 price an Easy Care contract. EC has been pretty good to work with however, the rate to renew is quite high. I came across ACC on the web, and asked for a quote. Numbers are less than 1/2 of the EC cost for what appears to be better coverage. ACC includes coverages EC does not offer and has quoted a lower deductible. I share the concern about how good the rates are for the coverage offered, and can find no testimonials anywhere. I called and asked the rep for a source to find how existing customers felt about ACC and he referred me to FMCA. He said they had contracts with many FMCA members, yet none have yet to come forth. Hmmmm!