Homesteader

Looking To Purchase First (Used) DP

Hi all you knowledgeable RV's,

We have been looking all winter at used 40' diesel pushers. We had a list of what we wanted with a good balance of quality and value. We thought we found the perfect fit for us. It is a 2005 Safari Cheetah c/w 350 Cat, low mile, 1 owner unit that is in like new condition.

This seemed to be the perfect unit until I started reading the forums about the Roadmaster RR4R suspension. The unit has had the trailing arm update done, but I am hoping to hear some positive feedback on the ride. I realize their is the variables such as tire pressure, airbag presure and/or ride height, and road surfaces that only a plane would give you a smooth ride over.

I have read enough to reconsider maybe looking for an 8 bag suspension, unless somebody has some positive ride and handling experiences with the 4bag suspension. Thanks for your time, Homesteader

If it has had the Source Engineering upgrade trailing arm it will be OK. If it has the Ride upgrade it will be a lot better. My advice is to test drive a 8 bag chassis also then decide which ride you like better. I almost bought a Safari but then ended up with a Monaco Diplomat