saaboo382

Towing 2012 Rubicon

Just received our new Rubicon,and want to get it set up to tow behind our RV. The question is what is the best tow bar for jeep?

And, are you jeep owners mounting it under the front bumper or going thu it? One other thing to someone who owns a 2012 Rubicon do you have to slam the doors to shut--just wondering.

Hope to hear from some current owners.

Thank you.

Just received our new Rubicon,and want to get it set up to tow behind our RV. The question is what is the best tow bar for jeep?

And, are you jeep owners mounting it under the front bumper or going thu it? I use a Blue Ox setup, under the bumper. Rockhard makes a winch bumper which has available mounting points for Blue Ox or Roadmaster bars. One other thing to someone who owns a 2012 Rubicon do you have to slam the doors to shut--just wondering. Yes! Also the seatbelts in front are bad to get into the door.

Hope to hear from some current owners.

Thank you.

Just bought a 2012 Wrangler sport...have outfitted with Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow Bar, Blue Ox Baseplate, Blue Ox Locks (4 keyed alike) and taillight wiring...now deciding on which supplemental brake to use...probably will be M&G or USG Unified Tow Brake...Can't wait to stop spending money and start enjoying my new RV and new car....

Okay, just kidding...I have had the RV out 4 or 5 times but found out quickly that you need a tow vehicle to enjoy yourself once you get there....

I tow a 2011 Jeep wrangler Rubicon...I use Demco tow bar and baseplate..Baseplate mounts under bumper so no need to put holes in bumper..I use the roadmaster air for braking..hooks up the air system on the motorhome...works great..towed 12,000 miles so far and no problems...ready to go in 5 min....The jeep is so air tight you have to slam the door or crack a window before you close door...BUTCH

Good after noon, I just got a Jeep Wranger today also, w/ a automatic.

Question is do you leave the key on acc. and disconnect the battery?

Still trying to understand the users manual about putting the transfer case into nut.

Any advice would be great, thanks