Sign in to follow this  
tom538

120 Volt Outlets In Storage Compartment

We recently acquired a 2004 Fleetwood Expedition and discovered two 120 volt outlets in one of the passenger side storage compartments. There is no voltage present at either outlet and I am wondering if there is a switch onboard the RV that must be turned on to supply voltage to these outlets. All of the 120 volt circuit breakers located under the bed in the master stateroom are on so I wonder if there is another onboard switch I haven't found yet.

Being Newbies who received very little guidance from the previous owner when we acquired the coach, we have had to feel our way through a number of systems related issues over the past several months. This one has me stumped!

Look for a GFI supplying those outlets that may be tripped. This is particularly likely if you also have outside outlets on the same circuit that may have gotten water in them.

There may be several GFI's in your coach.

Brett

Tom 538,

Welcome to the fold.

Circuits Numbers 9 and 10 for the coach are supplied from the inverter. Circuit # 9 is 15 amp breaker and #10 is a 20 amp.

These circuits breakers are located left / center of the cover as you look at it.

They are prone to tripping from time to time.

Hope this helps. R.M.

Thanks for the advice regarding gfi circuits being tripped. On my 2004 Expedition there are at least two separate gfi circuits. I found one that controls the galley and bathroom circuits AND another one is inside the master bedroom on the right side on the wall just opposite the bathroom. It is located near the floor and ....lo and behold it was tripped. This gfi also controls the outlets on the OPPOSITE side of the coach in one of storage bins. Who would have ever guessed.

Thanks for the help. This silly little problem was driving me nuts.

You folks are great.

Tom

We have an 02 Expedition. The outside plug on the passenger side storage quit working. There is a GFI plug in the galley area and another one in the bathroom area. Both are working. The outside plug on the drivers side storage area works. Where else can I check for a tripped breaker/fuse. Thanks, this is also driving me crazy.

Dave

See my post above. The offending gfi was located in the master bedroom. This particular outlet is near the floor to the right of the bed. Good hunting

We have checked the bedroom everywhere but cannot find another GFI plug. There is a GFI protected plug in the storage area under the bed with something plugged into it????? The only other plugs are on each side of the bed on the wall. Any more suggestions or am I just blind