tbutler

Every King Needs a Scepter When Sitting on His Throne

If you are the king of your castle, you need a scepter! This is a device I constructed for my vertically challenged wife but it comes in handy for me as well. There you are sitting on your throne when it becomes apparent that some ventilation would be helpful, perhaps even life saving! But you can't get up to the ceiling controls for the fan vent. You can't open the vent and you can't set the fan speed sitting there where you are.

Pick up the scepter and open the vent, set fan speed, reach over and open a window and start breathing again. :rolleyes: The scepter is constructed of 1" PVC, not schedule 40, but the lightweight stuff instead. I used a 1" to 1 1/2" adapter for the large end. The adapter was notched with a jig saw to create four fingers to fit the four fingered design of my fan vent knob. Inside the other end I glued a strip of felt. This is just the right diameter to slip over the fan speed knob and the felt gives the grip needed to turn that knob.

post-583-1244949904_thumb.jpg post-583-1244949954_thumb.jpg post-583-1244950270_thumb.jpg post-583-1244950308_thumb.jpg

Tom........ you are a mess. You remind me of Me. If I was you I would be charging at least ten cents for anyone to

use this idea. You have solved the problem of the age and you will save many lives and prevent asphyxiation of many a

good man and some ladies, including Willa, also. Seriously, is there any way to attach a book, like Playboy or Field and Stream

to the handle of this ''scepter'' so that one might hold said scepter between ones knees, while on the thrown, and read articles of information of interest to said King. (cough cough)........

I can see it now ......................

''HI, I'm BILLIE MESS. I AM HERE TO INTRODUCE THE LATEST AND GREATEST DEVISE FOR MOTOR HOMING.

YES FOLKS, ITS THE ''SCEPTER'' FOR THE KING ON HIS THROWN.

ONLY $19.95 PLUS $4.99 SHIPPING AND HANDLING.....

JUST DIAL 1 800 U BEN HAD FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPPING ......

Good idea, I will make one a.s.a.p. and I O U a large dill pickle and a hand full of crackers. I will pay you the next time

I see you .......

Seajay the sailor man